icon

python 991 not responding

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nte11igence 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed this alarm into a 2006 Honda S2000 the other day. For some odd reason the alarm does not respond to the remotes. Arm/disarm/rs, I get an out of range/undetectable error. I tried reprogramming the remotes but I believe it's the antenna. Pressing the valet button on the antenna doesn't do anything. The LED does not flash or turn on. Help is appreciated. Thanks
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Check fuses on the alarm.
and recheck your wiring.
I don't know what to tell you, this car is manual transmission so don't expect too much help. Its against forum rules.
12 VOLT CONSTANT      WHITE (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER      BLUE/WHITE (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER 2      N/A           
IGNITION 1      BLACK / YELLOW (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
IGNITION 2      BLACK/ RED (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
IGNITION 3      N/A           
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1      WHITE/ RED (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2      N/A           
KEYSENSE      N/A           
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )      BLUE (-)      @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH     
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )      RED / BLACK (+)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
POWER LOCK      PINK/BLACK (TYPE C)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
POWER UNLOCK      YELLOW /GREEN and PINK/BLUE (TYPE C)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
LOCK MOTOR WIRE      PINK/BLACK (+)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
DOOR TRIGGER      BLACK/ WHITE (-)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION      USE DOOR TRIGGER Requires Part #775 Relay           
TRUNK RELEASE      BLACK / YELLOW (+) Requires Part #775 Relay      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
SLIDING POWER DOOR      N/A           
HORN      ORANGE (-)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
TACH      BLUE      @ TACH TEST CONNECTOR, See NOTE *2     
WAIT TO START LIGHT      N/A           
BRAKE      WHITE/ BLACK (+)      @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM      WHITE (-)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE, See NOTE *1     
ANTI-THEFT      TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY, Standard on All Models
nte11igence 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
i rechecked my wiring and it all looks good.
what fuse on the alarm? there is one 15a fuse attached about 5 inches from the end of the alarms main harness on the 12v constant wire (red). that fuse is fine. should this be a 30a fuse?
darksidecelica 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well I would check all fuses and check the harness at the brain and make sure they are nice and tight. I would definitely check out the antenna, possibly swap for a different one and see if it helps any. I had a few of my installers prank me by disconnecting the antenna and I would get that out of range chirp.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
I know this may sound silly but double check that the battery remotes are in fact good. The other thing is the antenna cable..check to see if it got cut or crimped anywhere..and check the pins in the plug. The other option will be to re assign the remotes to the transmitter of the alarm.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic