so i want to make a switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Whats up gentlemen?
this is a quick inquiry i have.. i have a 95 civic which is standard with a viper 2 way alarm.. and an after market auto-starter as well..
Basically this is inquiry is regarding my auto-starter.every time i put the hand brake up the relay clicks and the auto-starter sequence is engaged(which would allow me to take the key out of the ignition close the door the car turns off and i lock the doors), and soon as the hand brake is let down the relay clicks again to show it has been disengaged.
This clicking becomes quite annoying after sometime.
I was wondering if it would be possible if i was to create a switch to just the auto-starter so when i engage the auto-starter i would flick the switch and allow it to have power so it could function.. and when i have no use for it i turn the switch off so the auto-starter has no power so i wont hear the clicking of the relay when i put my handbrake up.
If this is possible, would i be controlling the +ve voltage going to the unit? or is there a better method?
Thanks for any help i appreciate it!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
The handbrake signal would be negative, also, might not be worth the trouble, just my two cents.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

You could find the Hand Brake ( Emergency Brake ) input wire from the remote start unit and interrupt that wire with the switch.  If you wanted to stop the car with the engine running ( and not go into reservation mode ), throw the switch to open the barking brake wire and engage the parking brake.  If you wanted to park the car and allow the remote start to enter Reservation mode, leave the switch in the closed position. 

The key point is you don't want to do anything to the remote starter wiring that will allow the car to go into reservation mode without the parking brake engaged ( or allow the car to start without the parking brake engaged ).

Soldering is fun!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
x2
italian_virus 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
mint!
thanks boys
its all good, all i wanted to do was just disengage the auto-starter
now its a matter of finding the hand brake wire on the auto-starter
thanks gentlemen!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  

The remote start sounds like a Compustar.  If it is a newer compustar (CM5x00 or CM6x00 ), look for a Light Blue wire on CN2.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic