icon

sirius satellite issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Clarion head unit with a flip out screen and a sirius SIR-CL1 tunner in my truck . A few weeks ago I got in the truck which I dont use every day and the sirius wasnt working. It says linking on the small display on the face of the radio and aquiring on the flip out screen . I tried calling sirius and having another signal sent . No luck . I also tried swapping the antenna and tunner with spares I have also with no luck . The antenna Im not a 100% sure on cause the spare I have has the newer style plug on it and the tunner has the old style that uses the rectangular plastic case around the end . So I dont know for sure it was making a connection ( I pushed it in as far as I could) . Other than those 2 things what else could be causing the linking/aquiring messages ? Also is there and way to test the antenna to see if its bad ?
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
maybe cable from tuner to head unit pinched,.. unplugged?
GreenGables
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
I checked the cable and I know its not unplugged . I dont think its pinched anywhere but I could be wrong . Is there anyway to test the cable so I dont have to rip apart my interior to visually check it ?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic