icon

why is my system not loud enough?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2010 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

So you have 750wrms of subs and you're putting out around 1900wrms?

With an 80A fuse at 14.4vdc and 90% amp efficiency you are sitting right around 1036 watts.  This is assuming you are pulling 80A through the fuse and your battery voltage is steady at 14.4 (both of which probably isn't true) and that you have a very efficient amp (which probably isn't the case). 

My guess is the amp is probably putting out closer to 800-900 wrms or so but that is just a guess. 

With that kind of guesstimated current draw your 6awg actually should be sufficient for what you are doing. 

Like I said before, if it were my car I would ditch the 12, buy another 4 ohm 10" sub and build a custom box to house all three subs.  If you want more output (SPL) I would port the box (if those subs respond well to a ported box).  If you want a deeper, cleaner bass a sealed box would be the preferred route.

Kevin Pierson
18sbb 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
I figured i was getting the amount of amps i needed to. I might do that get me another 10 though but i like the way my bass is hitting man. It hits hard and tight sounds real nice. It makes my whole damn car shake lol
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2010 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
18sbb wrote:
My subs are rated at 4 ohms each and i have them wired up in parallel( the exact way it tells me to under sub wiring on this site). Now i gave you the specs of the amp but im not sure my amp is putting out what it says, or maybe your right and my wire is to small. The fuse is 80 and my amp has 4 30's which equals 120. is that bad??
no, that just means that you're not taxing your amp to its capacity because the 80A fuse isn't blown yet. but the bad news is that you amp is more like a 1000W amp. if that amp gives you any more than that it's probably pure distortion.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic