icon

door locks and driver window

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snidd111 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2010 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, recently I made a dumb move I should've known better and didn't check the wiring diagram when swapping out a relay harness to my HID headlights in my 99 camry LE 4 cyl and damaged a number of electronics.
I blew the alternator fuse (now replaced) and still have 2 main issues
1st my power door locks
Defining Circumstances
-if the key is in the ign and in any position other than OFF
-if any door is in the unlock position
Pressing the lock button with both of these features met locks and then immediately unlocks the doors. If the key is in the OFF position it works fine and the alarm system can lock the doors fine. It happens without the door panel, too (if bridging the connectors in the wiring harness manually). The BCM makes 2 clicks when the problem occurs as well.
2nd my driver side window
Defining Circumstances
-Plugging the door panel on the driver side back in automatically lowers the window unless I am trying to put the window up, this simply halts the window from lowering further until I let go.
I noticed that taking the button panel apart for the driver side door if I rotate the panel (tilting it in whatever direction) it will make clicking noises from the relay and turn the auto light for the driver window switch on and off. I believe this means that relay is damaged? Bridging the connections 11 and 6 and 2 and 4 or 11 and 2 and 6 and 4 allows me to put the window up and down manually with just the harness so the wiring appears to be fine.
All in all I admit to having made a very dumb mistake and I'm definitely paying the consequences, but on the bright side i'm getting pretty intimate with the inside of my car door locks and driver window - Last Post -- posted image.
If anyone has some feedback on troubleshooting it would be greatly appreciated. Again I have a 99 Toyota Camry LE 4cyl
snidd111 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Looked for an edit button to add this instead of double posting, but this has been solved.
After taking apart the driver side door button panel, unsoldering the relay, and cutting that open, one of the sides had melted shut and caused a constant loop that would put the window down. Luckily these are only a few dollars a piece and can be found by hunting around through the manufacturer's site. The naming system changed, but they (NEC) provided images and stats for each product.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic