icon

2003 town and country, looking for tips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eljefeguero 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
this coming weekend i will be installing a viper 5701 in a 2003 chrysler t&c along with a Idata ADS-DLSL CH1 bypass lock interface. I have installed remote starters in some older vehicles but this one looks a little harder. I have obtained tech tips 1083, 1082 and 1076 through the forums here (Thanks) and think i am ready for install. I have diodes, relays and reistors so i think i am ready.
this will be my first install in this new of vehicle and i am looking for any tips or suggestion you all may have with the particular alarm, bypass or vehicle. any help is greatly appreciated and i cant wait to here from you all. thanks again to these forums and all the participation! I will keep updates and hopefully not have to post any problems :) as i go along.
thanks
eljefeguero
peppy6669 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
with a dlsl-ch1 this will not control the immobiliser, you would be better off to get the alsl-ch, this will make things easier for you
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
ooops, the one i bought off ebay was dlsl, which i dont even see on idatalink site, hmmm
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
now im really confused, the application guide on this site says it will and so does the info on ebay, but i dont even see a dlsl on idatas site, am i not seeing something?
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok i have cancelled that order, or so i hop, i have a dei dlpkchg1 here and i believe i just got it programmed to bypass, if i hold it next to the igntion while the ignition is jumped with wire the security light does not flash, please correct me if i am not right, and let me know if this is a decent bypass module, thank you for your help
eljefeguero
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

The ADS DLSL CH1 works but also needs the optional ADS RNG C1 ( EBay has some for $16 )  to do the immobilizer bypass.   You can download the Install Guide #1857  from their web site.  You can only program 4 transponders to the minivan so if the DEI module is already programmed...

The DEI DLPKCHG1 should be flashed with CHRY6+ Ver 3.20 firmware for your minivan.  Never used one, as I prefer iDatalink modules.

Soldering is fun!
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2010 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
thank you for your reply, i will look into the addon for idata. the dlpkchg1 i have here said it was flashed with chdl6, but i cannot find any info on this firmware they all say chry6+ like you stated, should i buy the xkloader2 to check for sure or is chdl6 the same as chry6+? one more question, in you opinion am i better off with the idata bypass or is the dei ok?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2010 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

Unless you can find an install guide for the CHDL6 firmware to ensure it will work on your minivan and the correct wiring, you should have it flashed with the latest recommended ( CHRY6+ ) firmware.  If you got it off EBay, you never know what firmware is loaded.  The sticker is only what was on it when it left the factory. I always check the modules with the XKLoader cable and do any firmware changes/version updates prior to the install.

However, a call to DEI tech support might get you the install guide and their input.

I can't really make any comparison between the two, I haven't used that DEI module before and have pretty much have switched over to iDatalink.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic