icon

warn away when reading temperature

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sequoia2006 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have the 508D proximity sensor connected along with the 506T to the mux port on viper 5901. I just readjusted the sensitivity to give me a warn away when someone is peeking at the window. Now whenever I try to read the temperature at the brain using the remote, it'll give me the warn away and keep doing that every couple seconds until I disarm. Has anyone run into this problem before?
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2010 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think of is the brain or wiring circuit of the climate control feature is sending a negative pulse out that activates the warn away. Is the car running when you do this? If your 508d is visible...look to see if the green light is blinking when this happens.
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
jcs091570 wrote:
The only thing I can think of is the brain or wiring circuit of the climate control feature is sending a negative pulse out that activates the warn away. Is the car running when you do this? If your 508d is visible...look to see if the green light is blinking when this happens.
No, the car was not running when it did this. I had the 508D triggering the siren when doing remote start so I used the status output from the remote start to disconnect the ground wire of the 508D with a relay when the status output is active. I'll check to see if the green light is blinking or not.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure it is the 508d that was triggering your siren? During remote start if wiring is done correctly, all sensors are bypassed with the exception of the door triggers and instant triggers.
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2010 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
Initially, I had the 508D input wired to the H1/7 (instant trigger input zone 1), then I've added the relay to turn it off during remote start. I am sure it was the 508D since it started fine without the 508D connected. After that I've realized that there's no warn away so I've rewired it using the spare connector from the 506T sensor. However, I am not using the 12V+ and ground from the 506T. The ground from 508D is connected to Pin 30 of the relay. The only thing that I did not try was to remove the relay after connecting to the mux port along with 506T.
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2010 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
The other change that I've done over the weekend was to remove the XK01 module for door lock/unlock and run the wires directly to the driver door so I can open/close windows with the Aux outputs. But I don't think that has anything to do with the temperature reading from the remote.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
If I recall the remote start needs a negative output during activation..and that is the blue wire H1/7. If sensors are connected to this wire, yes a relay and diode is needed. Now are you using the 506t along with the 508d or just a harness?
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Now the 508D output is connected to the 2nd plug of the 506T harness so both 506T and 508D are connected to the mux port.
sequoia2006 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2010 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Did some testing with the 508D and it was the cause. I had installed it in the headliner next to the sunroof motor and there are metal bracket around it. Underneath is the sunglasses holder. So I think the metal has some interferences. Don't want to rewire it so I guess I have to live with it since there's not much room to move it around.
jcs091570 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2010 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a center console between the sheets.. or perhaps a way to put in under the gear shifter housing?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic