icon

best amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
k.gren 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
What would be the best amp for me? I have 2-12" Rockford Fosgate T1 subs.
~K.Gren~
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2010 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Single or Dual voice coil?   2Ohm, 4Ohm, or 8Ohm?
k.gren 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
dual 4 ohm
~K.Gren~
metaljoey 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
 audioque aq2200d is a sick "little" amp! $389 shipped. should pound the hell out of them subs imo.
Before you see the light, you must die!!
k.gren 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Where can I order it from?
~K.Gren~
metaljoey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
audioque.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Just be careful, because apparently ANY amp you buy there can be run well below it's rated impedance.
..well, according to DJ, anyway...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
metaljoey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Just be careful, because apparently ANY amp you buy there can be run well below it's rated impedance.
..well, according to DJ, anyway...

thats a good one, smart ass! i ask for advice, and this is what i get?! thanks that helps out a lot, at least this shows me what kind of site this is. and how you react to questions. wow, i hope you fell good about your self. 

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
metaljoey wrote:
thats a good one, smart ass! i ask for advice, and this is what i get?! thanks that helps out a lot, at least this shows me what kind of site this is. and how you react to questions. wow, i hope you fell good about your self.
1: You DIDN'T ask for advice. k.gren did. He was asking for an amplifier that will fill his needs, and he was able to provide what we needed to know to properly answer his question... You asked how much power such and such amp will make at an impedance that it is not designed to handle; an answer that nobody can give you ACCURATELY. I gave you SOUND advice (and accurate, as well) and recommended you not do so. If you choose to not accept good advice, so be it.
2: This is a FANTASTIC web site. You will get far more accurate information here, than anywhere else on the 'net, and that's pretty much a guarantee. We've got people here that have done more with electronics, and I mean ALL FACETS of electronics, than you've possibly imagined.
3: "Smart ass" is one of my defining characteristics. Read a few of my threads/posts, and you'd see that, and not let a little sarcasm get to you. Hostile, much? My attitude, and my sarcasm (others, too, really) helps to weed out many of the teenagers from this site, and guarantee that people that come here get the real information they need, and are seeking. The kid with mommy's credit card, seeking to squeeze every last "Mad deebee" (thanks DYohn) from their flamed, chrome-plated, swap-o-rama garbage amplifier and big ass woofers with two inch surrounds ('cuz it's AWESOME, cuz!!!! See how loud they are!?!) don't hang around long. Seems you might just fit that category.
4: I can still sleep. No sweat there, brother!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
metaljoey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2010 at 7:05 AM / IP Logged  

i haven't been a teenager for 16 years.and yes i did some what at one point fall in to that "category". (except my mother died when i was quite young. thanks for making me recall a painfully bad memory. as i know it was not intentional, its still a painful wound in my life!) i was talking about the questions i asked on another post. as you all ready know. and i was trying to relay what info i gathered from other posts the owner of said company has made. and it seems you might not have understood that, or i went about in wrong as I'm known to do. i come here for guidance, and do not appreciate comments like that directed toward me. they might lead people in the wrong direction about said company. aq is a great company at least in my eyes (all 4 of them lol) and do not want people to be mislead about them. that is what your "jab" at me might very well do. and yes i am Hostile much, thats how i keep smart asses off my back! best amp - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic