icon

08 altima speakers/amp advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losboricua 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2010 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Sometime last month I installed a Pioneer AVIC-X920BT. I decided to replace my speakers so after may shipping problems, my new speakers arrived yesterday. I purchased Rockford P132 for the dash, Alpine Type-S for the Doors and rear deck. Sounds good but it really needs an amp now. I should of planned better bought was I was thinking that the Type-S where not going to be power hungry but they are. Here is what I'm thinking.
Plan A:
Purchase a 4-channel amp to power the front doors and the rear deck and then power the dash with the head unit. Will bring great sound and the cheapest.
Plan B:
Purchase a 4-channel amp which is 2-ohms stable. Also purchase to 6.5" woofer/Mid bass (probably mid bass like CDT audio) and installed the on the rear doors like the Bose system does. Then run the rear doors and rear deck to the amp at a 2 ohm load each side and then run the dash and the front doors at a 2 ohm load at each side. This will bring a nice amount of mid bass.
Plan C:
Plan A and then down the road when I get more money Purchase another mono amp and a 10" and fiberglass it to the side of the of the trunk. A lot more money so I will have to do plan a before doing plan be.
I'm leaning more towards Plan B, because I won't lose trunk space and will look a lot cleaner. I like bass but I don't needed like I use to so some good mid bass will be just enough. I think!!!! What do you guys/gals think????
2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate Black on Black
Tinted Windows, Fogs, Roof Spoiler, ARK Springs, Ruff R1 20's Staggered
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
For the amps, I think i narrowed it down to the following. Yes I have not bought any car audio since my last car which was like 5+ years since I bougth anything.
Power Acoustics STAX 1600/4
or
MB Quart DSC480
Are these still decent companies?
Mid bass for Plan B I was looking at:
CDT Audio CL-6e
or
MB Quart PVI164
Any suggestions are welcome
losboricua 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
I ordered the MB Quart amp and cables. So we will see how it goes. So right now, I'm going with Plan A. We will see how it goes. Hopefully my front doors does not have connector by the door jams like the last car I worked on did.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic