icon

2003 town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eljefeguero 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have a compustar CM6200 along with a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module that I will be installing this weekend in a 2003 Chrysler Town and country. After looking and wire diagrams on Fortin website and the module I am confused.
q1: Do I need to add relays to the wires connected to the BCM for lock and unlock function, and the hatch release even with the Fortin EVO-ALL?
q2: Can I use the power wire from the 6 pin connector on the BCM, or should I run a power from the battery?
q3: Are any other relays needed for any other function but the parking lights?
q4: How exactly does the hood pin switch work?, to me it looks like when hood is closed the wire loses its ground, in this case I know its unsafe not to hook it up but do you really need to hook this wire to anything and it should work cause i see the switch disconnecting the wire from anything?
Thank you so much for all your help, replies and suggestions!
eljefeguero
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2010 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Just to add a little more, according to the EVO-ALL install guide for this vehicle it does not show installing relays on the unlock lock wire connected to the bcm, am i right about this?
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Alright guys, I have the remote start installed with the parking lights working but I am having problems with the door locks not working. Like i said earlier I am using a EVO-ALL bypass and dorr lock interface I have tried the RED / green wire on violet/lt blue and violet/green at the bcm connector 3 and i can hear the vans relays clicking but the door locks do not actuate, I am stumped! According to the EVO-ALL install i hook wire directly with no relays and it will control the locks, I have tried it with a diode and without, if somebody has any idease please help!
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
i have made a little headway, i have managed to get the doors to lock but with a 2k ohm resistor which is backwards from what the wiring diagram shows, the diagram shows 5.3k for lock 2k for unlock, unless im reading it wrong, thanks for any replies or some great advice
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

It looks like the EVO-ALL will control the door locks, trunk and sliding door thru J1850 Data and the Analog connection.  Follow the EVO install guide for the Type 15 install.  Did you connect the the bypass to the Compustar via the D2D connection?  If yes, then the wire connections shown with dashes are not needed.  Did you connect the EVO 20 Pin Purple / YELLOW and GREEN/ Red wires to the correct wires in the minivan?  ( There should be no door lock connections from the Compustar to the minivan.  No resistors are needed for the door locks.  ) 

The Mux Start requires a resistor and relay as shown on the EVO install guide Type 15 install.  After all the connections are made, follow the Type 10 programming guide.

Soldering is fun!
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
thank you so much for your reply kreg, i used wire 2 wire instead of the D2D connection and yes have hooked all the wires to vehicle according to the evo-all install guide 15. I have programmed the unit and the door locks do not work, I hear the onboard relays for the door locks click but no lock action. In the evo-all diagram though the mux wire shown in the diagram was wrong, i later found it listed as purple and yellow on the bottom of the page but it has me thinking maybe there data connection shown on the diagram could be wrong? It shows it connected up by the steering wheel to a WHITE/ purple wire, should i try connecting this wire to the data connection on the OBD II connector that fortin lists as the class 2 bus? could this be the problem? If i hear nothing I am going to try that this saturday when i have time. Once again thanks for your reply and help, I will post when i get some more figured out on this problem!
eljefeguero
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

I like the W2W method myself.  The relays clicking are probably the ones in the remote start itself.

Do you have the latest EVO-ALL guide?  The one online shows the Mux wire as PURPLE / Brown.  The Mux wire is only used by the remote start for cranking the engine.

The J1850 wire at the ignition connector should be WHITE/ Violet.

Depending on your minivan, the Analog Door Lock wire is either PURPLE / Green at BCM connector C3, Pin 14, without Factory Alarm.  If you have the Factory Alarm it is PURPLE / Light Blue same connector, same pin.  For some reason the EVO-ALL guide doesn't list your year, 2003, at the bottom of page 21.  The are many wires in that plug so you must verify color and pin location.

While the modules aren't exactly the same, you can use the iDatalink ADS DL module install guide for ADS DL CH6 firmware to help locate the wires. Here is a link to their site :  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/

Soldering is fun!
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
thanks again kreg, I hav triple checked wires according to evo-all install guide and everything is hooked up correctly, now does the evo-all need to learn the locks and foot brake? right now the remote start works great after wiring per the evo-all guide, also the rear hatch opens and closes but still no door locks, i will check idata's install guide to once again quadruple check wiring and then i will try again, thanks again and i will keep you posted incase some others have this sort of problem.
eljefeguero
kreg357 
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
The trunk works, so that is a good sign.  Did the EVO-ALL program correctly as per the Type 10 instructions?  Still sounds like and issue with programming, factory alarm / no factory alarm, or the GREEN/ Red Analog Lock wire connection.
Soldering is fun!
eljefeguero 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
hmm, when i programmed the evo-all i had the wire to the bcm hooked to the alarm wire choice on the BCM, how can i for sure tell if i have an alarm on this vehicle? If i had this wire hooked to the alarm wire on the bcm while programming, could that have caused the problem? I have hooked it to the other wire but not reprogrammed the evo-all I will try that this weekend and post back, maybe this is the problem, once again thank you for the reply
eljefeguero

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic