icon

99 ford explorer alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elpeque 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2010 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
How do i disable the alarm on 99 ford explorer form starter, alarm brain on kick panel has beem removed bur theft light still blinks and will not start99 ford explorer alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
RRangel
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2010 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
The "theft" light blinking on the instrument panel means the car's computer is not recognizing the transponder chip in the vehicle's key when you try to start the vehicle. Was there a remote start in the vehicle, or just an alarm? If there was a remote start, the original installer had to put some sort of "bypass module" in the car. Out of the pieces you removed from the car, do any of them have names or model numbers on them? You may have removed something that now needs to have a wire or two connected to each.
Also, when you turn the key to "start" does the starter crank?
elpeque 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2010 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
I believe it was just a keyless/alarm but now i realize that the computer is not deactiveting the starter of the vehicle, and no it will not crank the starter at all, i need some help to figure the bypass out and have it remove or add after alarm module has been removed.
RRangel

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic