icon

auto all windows down/up button

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mgd09050 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
I really want to add a button that will allow me to put all windows down or up with one push. I have a 1999 Subaru Forester. Is this even possible?
Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?
To get to the same side!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Add 2 x DEI 530t
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  

I put in 2 DEI 530t window modules in my 2000 Ford Taurus Wagon a couple of week-end ago. Plan on at least a couple of days, extending all of the wires with heaver gauge wire, and removing seats or whatever to run wires.  It can be done. It is tedious work.

I ran the drivers side into the drivers door and the other wires I picked up in the kick panel. Connected to my Viper 5301 Aux 1 for the front windows and Aux 2 to the rear windows.  I have one touch down or up from the drivers master control on all passenger windows. 

Only issue I have is the drivers window was a factory one touch down, but now it is not. When I press the drivers switch down it goes about 1/3 of the way and stops. Press it again and another 1/3 and stops.  Going up is flawless, one touch up and done. Go figure.

Put in a DEI 545t Nite light system this week end. Very nice.  Much easier than a window module.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Two dei 530t's will work. @smokeman1 Why didn't you use the master switch and wire the modules there?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
Many Japanese, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan use data from the master switch to the slaves, ALWAYS wire directly to the motor wires in each door, then you should have one touch up and down on EVERY switch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic