the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

rs for 2010 ford focus manual transmision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys, a friend of mine want me to install a alarm/starter combo for 2010 ford focus manual transmission, preferably i will use a compustar unit.

is it easy to do? what does it mean "see owner tech tip" on the disarm wire? how to do that?

what clutch wire color do i need to use?

is it ok if i use the idatalink ads-tb bypass module?

thanks

tianot
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Forum rules Violation.
No remote start on manual vehicles. No one here wants to feel responsible for the car ending up in someone's living room.
tianot 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
really, as long as you put the unit in a reservation mode bro. you cant remote start a manual transmission if you dont put it in NEUTRAL and engage the parking brake. without those one you cant remote start the car, those are safety measures bro.
tianot
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I know I wont install a remote starter on a manual. Ive heard too many horror stories.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

The Compustar CM5000 or CM6000 is a "Manual Transmission Safe" unit.  It comes from the factory defaulted for manual transmission vehicles.  Of course you must connect all the required wires ( parking brake, door / trunk / hood status, etc ) and do the full post install safety checks to ensure it will be safe.

The ADS TB flashed with ADS TB FM Ver2.5 will work as long as the car does not have the new 80 bit encryption keys.  Check the keys for a "SA" or "HA" stamped on the shank.  BTW, if you are using a Blade enabled Compustar unit, you can use the iDatalink Blade TB module.  Makes for a nice compact install.  You will need two working, non-clone, keys to program the bypass module. ( That shouldn't be an issue with a new car...)

As for the wiring, the 2008 thru 2010 are the same.  I have done a few ( all automatics ) and they are straight forward.  Can't help with the clutch wire but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out with a Digital Multi Meter.  There might be two switches on the clutch pedal.  One for starting and one for cruise control.

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

hi kreg,

thanks for your response. if i use the blade bypass module it doest matter if the key is 80 bit or 40 encryption?

how about the disarm wire say  "see owner tech tip" what is that mean? is this ok to connect directly to the disarm wire of remote starter unit?

thanks

tianot
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

The Blade TB won't do the 80 bit keys either.  Right now it's a "key in the box" install.  There are places selling the new 80 bit keys and they program just like the old 40 bit keys.  A lot cheaper than getting a key cut & programmed from the dealer.

Check to see if the car has the factory alarm.  The ones I did didn't have it.  Just roll down the drivers window, shut all the doors, lock the car with the factory remote and wait a few minutes.  Reach in and open the drivers door with the inner handle.  If the alarm Tech Tip is from the AudioVox site, look at the middle of the display, right below the "Flash Logic" red letter banner, then click on "View".  It looks like you need a relay and some diodes.  The FLTB1 bypass is the same as a ADS TB.  If you have a car with an alarm, the ADS TB is the choice, as you can't do this with a Blade module.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

the only bypasses i know that can do 80bit key encryptions are Fortin keyoverride all and idatalink units

check the key for SA, HA or G.

if it has any of those marking, its an 80bit key. and set the unit for manual, and you should be fine. very easy car to do.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tianot 
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

hey ted, thanks for your response.

what kind of bypass for idatalink i will use if it is a 80bit encryption?

how can i connect the factory alarm disarm to the rs? do i need to follow the tech tip diagram from audiovox?

thanks

tianot

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic