icon

parking lights for compustar cm6000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gsus 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
So I went under the dash again and retested all of the ignition wires, the brake switch wire and the parking brake wire... all check out. I did find out that the car was in valet mode. However, even after taking it out of valet mode the system will still not go into reservation mode.
Could it be possible that maybe the the parking brake wire isn't giving a strong enough ground signal? I turned on the turbo timer feature, but even that doesn't seem to be working...
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357, sorry I didn't get an email notification of your reply... so I responded before realizing that you had responded to my post.
The tach signal from the ECU was not reading over a 1v. I tried getting a signal from the injectors, same thing. The wire from the coil gives me the best tach signal I can find... although at idle it the voltage sits at just under 1v, maybe that's why it wont accept it as a tach signal?
I'm going to see if I can reset the brain and set the alarm to read the tach signal... I hope I can get this to work.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Compustars are pretty good at detecting the Tach signal.  I had no problems with one ( CM5200 ) syncing up to an induvidual coil on a Civic which was reading 0.6 v A/C at warm idle.
Soldering is fun!
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
I wonder if it didn't want to detect the tach, because of the system being in valet mode?
I'll make the changes tonight after class... hopefully it's as easy as just changing that one setting.
Thanks!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

doesnt matter, you tell the unit to go into tach learn mode so it will.

kreg, congrats on the 3star and SILVER rating.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
gsus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I figured out why the tach signal wasn't reading right... my DMM was giving me a false reading. I found a good tach wire at the ECM and the system took it. remote start works now :).
I don't know why the alarm didn't work with the tachless mode activated... I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore now.
Thanks for your help kreg!
One last question regarding this system. I installed an Ultra Start 2256M in my brothers 1992 Mitsubishi Eclilpse, and it had a feature where if you set the car into reservation mode and you needed to get something out of the car later on; you could remote start the car, open it up, get what you needed and then shut it down- however the system would still stay in reservation mode. I tried this with my system last night and it didn't work. Do I always have to turn the ignition on and press the brake to get it into reservation mode?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

Happy to hear its all working now!   parking lights for compustar cm6000 - Page 2 -- posted image.

Compustars are a little different.  You can go into reservation mode and start it & stop it and it will still be in reservation mode, but if you open any door, reservation mode is cancelled.  Compustars watch the E Brake signal to begin the reservation mode entry process.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic