icon

2005 monte carlo door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

I am not a god!  Somewhat kknowledgable, yeah, maybe.  But GOD, no.  (thank you anyway)

But you're right Howie, just a resistor and a diode.

I did 160XV's 791"s,  ETC, they were all the same..

I still do this on the single (White) wire GMs, (cobalt etc).  at the pass side BCM,

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
I'm being silly, if you've done it and it works, fine, sorry Mark.
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
Mark Mizenko wrote:
You can try this, usually works.  470 Ohm resistor on the lock wire (green)  and a diode on the (blue) unlock wire, band towards the 791module.  Then connect that to the Org/Blk wire.   Old trick for malibus, grand ams, ETC.
I'll give this a shot! Thank ya sir!
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question....did you have a problem with the door triggers and/or trunk trigger? I have a problem with the alarm going off after exactly 10 mins. I think its the BCM shutting down. Im gonna wire in relays for it...see if it helps. And I worked on an '04 Monte Carlo.
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2010 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Mark Mizenko wrote:
You can try this, usually works. 470 Ohm resistor on the lock wire (green) and a diode on the (blue) unlock wire, band towards the 791module. Then connect that to the Org/Blk wire.   Old trick for malibus, grand ams, ETC.
Mark, This worked amazingly....thank you thank you thank you!
godd dan it wrote:
Quick question....did you have a problem with the door triggers and/or trunk trigger? I have a problem with the alarm going off after exactly 10 mins. I think its the BCM shutting down. Im gonna wire in relays for it...see if it helps. And I worked on an '04 Monte Carlo.
I am having a problem with the driver's door triggering alarm, but not the passenger door...any ideas?
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

godd dan it wrote:
I am having a problem with the driver's door triggering alarm, but not the passenger door...any ideas?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by triggering? The alarm goes off after a certain period of time? Or do you mean the passenger door doesnt work at all?

First thing, there is 2 different door triggers (one for the driver's, and one for the passenger's door). You need to diode isolate both door triggers. Did you do that? I did that, but im still having problems. So thats why im going to keep the diodes in and wire in relays. There's actually a wiring diagram for it.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
OK I bow to your knowledge oh great Guru, bet you wouldn't have touched one I was given the other day, front end conversion of a 2000 M/B SL 5.0 to 2010 spec.
Just think 2 x new fuseboxes with processors, extra looms, HID, CAN, self levelling etc. Even the plugs were different!
Ref. the question about 10 minute triggering, refer to DEI 1076, it's somewhere on this site.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

You're right Howie, I would'nt have wanted that one.  Sounds like it was a project.  Everything work out allright?  (i know the answer to that by the way).  You dont get 5000 posts by being wrong.  Stop bowing.

Godd.... like Howie said Doc 1076.   You NEED this.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I ran away from it, confident that no one would touch it! The trick is to know what's do-able.
So first I lay out $7000 for a Bosch full on diagnostics kit but it's still go to go to a dealer to have the lights turned on etc etc. one of the many reasons M/Benz and VW/Audi have been losing ground to Kia Lexus etc.
DEI have bought out CAN only alarms, working off the OEM remote for all the latest Euro Cars, you simply flash it with the right software, I refuse to use anything else on post 02 Audis for instance.
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Mark Mizenko wrote:

Godd.... like Howie said Doc 1076.   You NEED this.

Ok thanks and thanks Howie. I really hate working on these GM cars. Now I have to post a new topic about a Cadillac I worked on. 2005 monte carlo door locks - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic