icon

99 alero avital 4113

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timo123451 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I should be able to make the relay work. I was confused about the second accessory because the online manual shows it in two different charts so I assumed it already had the second accessory available. I will grab a relay today and make sure I'm clear on the wiring. Thanks !

I am using a dlpkgm to bypass the passlock. The only function it provides is to satisfy the passlock, I won't be using it for door locks etc. It has the firmware update and if I use the D2D there are only two other connections to hook up.

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

I only ever used one of those.  The plugs have no locks on them.  I think thats lame.

timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would have chose something else but at the time I hadn't done my research like I should have.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2010 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

A "PLJX"   it's cheap and easy to wire up.  And I never had a problem with one of them.

timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
One more question. The NSS wire? Do I need to hook that up to the nss switch or can I run it to ground off the toggle switch? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
If your NSS wire only goes to ground when vehicle is in neutral that's fine.
You can then set your unit up as an auto, it gives you much more flexibility when using the R/S.
timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't ask my question very well. The neutral safety input wire goes to the toggle switch but does the other wire coming off the toggle switch need to go to a park/neural switch or can it goto ground. The install manual is showing two different ways and I'm not sure which way to go. Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2010 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
Parking brake switch OR ground.
timo123451 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
One more problem to check out. I started my install last night with no problems but as I was reading the instructions for the DLPKGM, it says that you need to hit the lock button during programing. I am only using d2d for the passlock and have no plans for doing the door locks. Will this program itself once I start the car or am I going to have to get another module? Thanks again.
chrisnepa 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

When programming the DLPKGM, if it looks for lock, but you aren't hooking it up, then most likely it's looking for a negative signal at the DLPKGM. If this is the case, figure out which wire needs to see the lock signal, and just put it to ground instead of hitting lock. That should do it.

Also, the four pin harness you're referring to is for outputs. It's a low current output designed only to drive a relay. You would use it to add another circuit if you needed it. In your case, the second ignition. DO NOT HOOK THEM TO THE CAR DIRECTLY!

In alot of cases with GMs, you don't need the second accessory. All it does is power up the radio. So if you don't want to go get the relay, you probably don't need to power up that second accessory circuit.

If you are still stuck, I will help you.

Been installing for 15 years
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic