icon

which to get?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jake21 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys im kinda new to the audio world, but i want some subs that will have good spl so which should i get i think i have it narrowed down to 2 15" kicker comp vr's or 2 15" Rockford Fosgate HE's.  Which would give me a higher spl? Which would sound better, can you give me some of your opinions on both these subs......thanks

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
The Kickers sound better in my opinion, but the Rockfords will definately hit alot harder, are probably cheaper, and dont get me wrong, they dont sound bad either, i just thinker kicker has a "smoother" sound to them.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

I like both of them, but if I had to pick between the two I'd probably go with the Comp VRs.  They are DVC which gives you more wiring options, and they can handle a lot more power and have rubber surrounds, whereas the HEs have foam surrounds--treated foam, but foam nonetheless.  And the HEs are just single voice coil.

The Comp VRs are just better subs and will not necessarily sound louder with the same amount of power, but will be able to handle a lot more power overall than the HEs.  So that translates into greater potential SPL.

If you do get the Kickers, make sure you follow the guidelines for recommended enclosure types/sizes, as it can make a HUGE difference in the sound with these subs.  I'd go for a vented enclosure to get maximum SPL.

jake21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2003 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Anybody else???
QuinnX1 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2003 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
No question go with the Kicker comp VR. The RF get hella loud, but power the comps right and you will love them. I plan on putting 4 in my truck.
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I agree. The CompVRs have a more polished, finished sound to them. While the HEs are good product, the CompVrs have always treated me better.
CTW
MECP Sales
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
I LIKE THE BOSS RIPPERS THEY COST A LOT LESS TOO 450WRMS 4 OHMDVC.
Big Dave
Wantofok 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
He didn't ask for opinions on BS quality subs!!!! As for me, I would also go with the CompVrs. They have a slightly better sound to them IMO and I've had very good experiances w/kicker subs in the past.
jake21 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

Cool I think im going w/ the VR's then, so if i had the right box(most likely sealed) and the right power to it what spl could i be looking at(i know you guys cant give an exact number but what would you estimate i will be hitting)

thanks

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2003 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
ok try these msx audio pro max usa made 1500w  go to msxaudio.com
Big Dave
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic