Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steelcityjim 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Getting ready to install the following items:
ken wood kdc-mp828
Kicker ks60.2 are these decent as I have not ordered yet. I will be driving them by a mtx 75x2 rms amp at 4 ohm
I need to select a sub or subs to be driven by a bazooka ela.500.1 350 rms at 4ohm and 500 rms at 2 ohm. I have a 1.4 sealed box for a 12" sub. However I'm not sure about subs wattage, voice coils and 2 or 4 ohm? Looking for suggestions?
I'm also thinking of leaving the stock rear speakers in and powering from the head unit? Good idea or bad?
Thanks in advance
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2010 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Look for a sub that has dual 4ohm voice coils. That way you can wire them in parallel to 2ohms at the amp. Get one that is rated for 3-500watts RMS. Make sure it performs well in a small sealed box.
The 2channel amp will work fine with those front speakers. If you want, get some Infinity Reference speakers that are 2ohms -they'll sound better than Kicker and they'll get the full '150 watts' from the amp.
You can still power the OEM rear speakers with the rear outputs from the stereo.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
steelcityjim 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the feedback.
While researching the infinity speakers I came across these Jbl what are your thoughts on them:
Jbl P660C
And this was the sub I was looking at :
Boston Acustic G212-44
Thoughts?
afdanw 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
Good call on the infinity 2ohm speakers.  same with the JBL 2 ohm.  FYI both JBL and infinity are owned by the company Harman/Kardon a.k.a. Harman interhational industries.  JBL and infinity products are, for that reason manufactured very simularly.  I have not compared those 2 pairs of speakers side by side, but i would bet that they have almost identical specs, and sound very simular, if not identical.  If you look at infinity's show cars from the years after they quit producing the beta series amps, and before they started their referance series amps, they used all JBL amps.  the reason for this is, that they are the same company.  here is a link that you can verify what i am saying http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harman_International_Industries
If your cousin is such a good installer, and he will install anything for a 6 pack; why are you talking to me?
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2010 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
/\ x2.
Also, Boston makes some nice subs. Look into the Sundown SA-12 as well.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic