icon

coil eclipse 97?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinh766 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
im trying to look for my tach wire on my mitsubishi eclipse 97, the search told me that its in the coil, can somebody tell me where the coil is? thank you.
vinh
smashto15 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2003 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

vinh,

for turbo or non-turbo, it's near the intake manifold.  on a turbo eclipse, the coil is closer to the injector nearest the throttle body.  it's a BLACK/ blue wire.  The coil pack itself is a black cylinder and I think it has like a brown or orange "top" where the wires run into.  turn your DMM to read for AC voltage.  I wouldn't recommend to hit it from there though.  I'd go to the ECU below the radio console and get it from there.  i've heard of horror stories on DSM boards talking about burning up coil packs when using remote starts and turbo timers and people hooking up to this wire.  whether or not these stories are true, I don't now, but better safe than sorry right?

Patrick

vinh766 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2003 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
my car is a non-turbo, would you be able to help me out on that? i know that i turbo is totally different from the non-turbo. im actually trying to hook up a shift light. i have another problem too though, the shift light has settings of 4, 6, 8 cylinders, but my eclipse is set at 2 cylinders, is there any way i can work around this problem? like can i set my shift light to go off at half the rpm? like if i wanted it to go off at 6k then can i use a 3k setting on my light? please help me out on this. thank you patrick
vinh
smashto15 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

vinh,

what do you mean your eclipse is set to 2 cylinders?  what brand/model tach/shift light is this?  I checked out a '99 non turbo spyder today.  the coil pack is near the intake manifold, close to the fuel injectors and it was a black wire with blue stripe.  I'm sorry I can't descirbe any more than that.

Patrick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic