icon

piggyback to 2005 accord alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2010 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
I've gain a bit of confidence after I was able to install an alarm on my 2000 corolla. Now I am considering of adding an alarm on my 2005 Accord, EX. This car came with a factory installed alarm system which includes just about what I want with the exception of a two stage sensor. Owner manual indicates that one should not tamper or modify the factory installed alarm system. I want to leave this factory alarm system in and piggy back an aftermarket alarm. Decide to connect in addition to the basic power, ground and ignition switch, the negative inputs for the doors and trunk. Will not connect the door locks nor the power window as these are controlled by my key fob. Any issues that I may come across if I have two alarm systems running? I plan to connect this after market alarm to the wires information provided on this website.
Aloha.
cj
masterodisaster 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Howzit?!?!
I'd scrap the factory one.
You would have to use 2 key-fobs (no way to arm/disarm aftermarket alarm otherwise).
If you're ok with that though - you should be ok.
Shoots!
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
You can just buy a upgrade alarm like the Automate AM1 or Audiovox PRO9232. You will get the addition of a shock sensor and a few other options if you program it. Thats just a basic alarm though.
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the lead on the upgrades? Can you point out where on the web I find out more info on these upgrades and where buy either of them?
cj
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
Google PRO 9233N for info....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic