2003 saturn vue dei remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doncz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
hello,
im trying to install dei python 1400xp on my wife car , after reading all posts and possible info on web i know less and less.
few questions , please help:
1.where on DEI product do i hook up keysense wire from car , do i need relay , do i hook it up to (-)200mA 2nd status/rear defogger- latched/pulsed , or somewhere else
2. do i need any relays when connecting to ignition harness?
3. how can i connect rear defroster to box to be started by AUX button on remote? do i need relay or just have to find wire on BCM ( witch one )
what output do i use on box ?
4. please direct me to schematic of connecting diodes for door opening .
do i need it only for door opening or closing too?
doncz
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have a DMM to test your wires with?? A soldering Gun?? Scotch  Super 33+ tape??

You are going to need a bypass module.

Car wiring diagrams are available on this site as well as www.bulldogsecurity.com

VUE 2002-2004
WIRE COLORS LOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANT

ORANGE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 1 PINK IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER ORANGE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER YELLOW IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) BROWN GRAY 24 PIN PLUG @ BCM PIN B10 *SEE NOTES BELOW* 1
DOMELIGHT GRAY/BLACK (L) AND BLACK/ WHITE (R) GRAY 24 PIN PLUG @ BCM *SEE NOTES BELOW* 2
POWER DOOR LOCK RED / BLACK ( + ) GRAY 16 PIN PLUG @ BCM PIN A8 *SEE NOTES BELOW* 1
POWER DOOR UNLOCK ORANGE / BLACK ( + ) GRAY 16 PIN PLUG @ BCM PIN A7 *SEE NOTES BELOW* 3 (TYPE A)
TRUNK RELEASE N/A  
TACH SENSOR NOT PINK OR BLACK/ WHITE (AC) AT IGNITION COIL PACK

BRAKE

LT. BLUE ( + ) SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

HORN

BLACK  ( - ) PINK 24 PIN PLUG @ BCM

FACTORY DISARM

DISARMS WITH REMOTE ONLY *SEE NOTES BELOW* 4

FACTORY ANTI-THEFT

PASSLOCK 2 791 REQUIRED

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
doncz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I know this , but still need, answer for my questions
Any help please , im realy confused with keysense wireing and door trigering with diodes.
Sombody told me I need relay for accesories
doncz
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

NOTE *1 THE LIGHT GREEN(-) KEY SENSE WIRE AT THE STEERING COLUMN MUST SEE A (-)NEGATIVE DURING REMOTE START TO KEEP THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT FROM COMING ON. THIS WIRE IS ALSO FOUND IN PIN A11, GRAY 24-PIN PLUG, @ BCM.

NOTE *3 THE DRIVER DOOR TRIGGER IS GRAY/BLACK (-) IN PIN B2. THE PASSENGER DOOR TRIGGER IS BLACK/ WHITE (-) IN PIN A12. WHEN CONNECTING TO AN ALARM SYSTEM USE BOTH DOOR TRIGGER WIRES AND DIODE ISOLATE, TO CONNECT, SEE DIAGRAM.

The above info is from the bulldog site. There is a diagram of diode isolation of the doors for your car.

I think the python 1400 is the same as the viper 571. You shouldn't need any relays for the starter, ignition, or accessory wires.

What brand od bypass are you using?

doncz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
I used 556lw , it is working fine.
Problem is that im mot familiar eith description of outputs on DEI unit,
This is why I dont know where to hook up keysense, or rear defroster control.
Need some detail info for my car , not generic one.
Thanks for any help
doncz
smokeman1 
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
To me it looks like the keysense would go to the blue wire on the  remote start auxiliary harness wiring.
doncz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I DID CONNECT BLUE/WHITE WIRE FROM BYPASS MODULE TO THIS OUTPUT ON DEI REMOTE BOX
still looking for wire to connect keysense .
doncz
doncz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
I found solution for key sense , im going to use same output as for bypass module separated with diode.
still looking for info about wireing rear defroster.
doncz
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
For some reason I remember the Saturn's key sense wire needing an output stronger than what the 200ma output of the DEI unit can provide. I would suggest using the pink (-) 200ma ignition output to trigger a relay as follows:
86 - constant 12 volts.
85 - pink
87 - ground
30 - key sense wire of car
DEI's tech sheet does not list the wire color/location or polarity of the rear defrost wire. A quick google search didn't help either. Most wiring sheets back then didn't list the rear defrost wire, and they haven't been updated since then. An installer would have to test the wires at the switch until they found the correct one. This would involve removing the dash panel it is mounted to, and then using your Meter to find the wire that changes polarity when the button is pushed. Most rear defrost wires rest at 12v, then go to ground when the button is pushed. Sometimes it is a quick ground pulse then it goes back to 12v. You will then have to make sure the output you are using from the remote start has the correct output (pulsed or latched).
Some Saturns have a switch that "lock in" when you push the button. If you leave the button "On" when you shut the car off at night, it will automatically turn on when you remote start the car in the morning. May be easier than worrying about finding the correct wire and possibly frying a circuit in the heater controls if you mess something up resulting in a high repair bill.
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
http://alldatapro.com/alldata/PRO~V185971420~C37991~R0~OD~N/0/89012112/98809076/98809077/98809081/34853741/34869214/34869215/34869322/34869325
Looks like your vue has Blk/Wht wire that is always Ground, and when you activate Defroster, Lt Blue wire gets this grond from Blk/Wht Wire and sends this ground through Lt blue wire to BCM to turn on Rear Defroster. (Wires located at the Defroster connector)
~It's me!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic