icon

viper smart start activation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dhix86 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone I just bought a smart start module to go along with my 5101 not realizing a dealer has to activate it.can somebody help me out? I have all the info. Thanks
dh
dodgeram10 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

dhix86 wrote:
Hey everyone I just bought a smart start module to go along with my 5101 not realizing a dealer has to activate it.can somebody help me out? I have all the info. Thanks

As i have seen many requests for smart start activation , let me clearify a few things .

First thing that needs to be done is the module has to be installed , second you take the modules serial number to a authorized dealer who then registers the unit with dei . Then a test is performed by the dealer to make sure its working . This means they send a lock , unlock , panic & remote start signal thru the dei website to test each function .

This is the main reason it must be done by a authorized dei retailer . This also means they can activate your remote start , lock or unlock your vehicle at will . If by some miracle someone here is willing to activate it for you , do you really want someone you never met & dont know thier location to have total control over your vehicle ?

Sorry to pee in everyones cornflakes but this is just how it works ..

bunny462 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
  Just to clarify, the installer can only do those commands while they are testing. Once they close the browser they can no longer send signals to that vehicle. Its for testing ONLY.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic