icon

2008 pathfinder ignition lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vane0804 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed Remote starter on 2008 Pathfinder with factory alarm, with Inteligent key (smart Key) This is a Ignition switch that rotates with no key in switch. The vehicle picks up signal from remote in vehicle, and releases lock on ignition switch to turn on. while on remote start, Ignition is in OFF position, and Lock solinoid is active. when you step in vehicle, since engine is running, antenna is dis-activated, and Ignition switch remains with Lock engaged. I want to know how to deactivate Lock on ignition switch to rotate without key in it just like factory. Is this possible? right now, i have to step on the brake to turn off engine, and then turn ignition switch (because now antenna is activated) to turn on truck again.
another thing: this remote starter comes with alarm . When I lock the doors with aftermarket alarm, then remote start truck it starts like it's supposed to. However, when I lock Truck with factory remote, Again antenna turns off, and doesn't search for key in bypass module. causing a crank no start condition. From my understanding, Factory alarm arms, and disarms with lock and unlock wires in door (Lt. blue, and RED / white wires). I wired the Factory alarm disarm wire from remote starter to unlock wire, but i still get the same response. Factory alarm remains active (I think) and antitheft won't alow vehicle to start. any Ideas?
~It's me!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

What bypass module did you use?  The iDatalink module can do a normal "key takeover".  Check out the install guide for the iDatalink ADS AL CA module flashed with the ADS AL(DL)-NI firmware.  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/  The iDatalink module handles the alarms thru Data.

Here is one possibility.  Find the Intelli-Key module ( should be behind the glove box ) and open the WHITE/ Green wire at Pin 6 during remote start.  Use a relay controlled by GWR.  ( Diode isolate GWR if used elsewhere. )

Relay Pin 85   GWR from remote start

Relay Pin 86  +12v constant thru 2A fuse

Relay Pin 30 to  one side of cut WHITE/ Green wire

Relay Pin 87a to other side of cut WHITE/ Green wire

Pelay Pin 87  not used

Soldering is fun!
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
You will need to remove the glove box to get to the module. It is on the left side (almost behind the heater controls). The module is a small square box with one 40 pin connector. Good luck.
vane0804 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2010 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you guys for you important input, but to be honest, i didn't use a bypass module, I just left on of the Key fobs's hidden behind the dashboard , and the truck pick up it's signal from there. The remote starter/alarm has a starter kill relay while armed. that is all i'm using for security right now. What does the WHITE/ green wire do? what is it's function?
~It's me!
vane0804 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you guys for your help. I figured it out. I used the GWR wire to control 2 relays to give (+) to both blue and green wires coming from top of ignition switch. (the Lock solenoid). well, red wires come from solenoid, and go into a connector which changes colors to blue, and green (pins 2 and 4).this solved both problems at the same time. I ended up adding a actual bypass module to loop around the switch antenna, and to the module where the key is hidden in. only activates upon remote start function. Problem solved. thanks again for all your suggestions.
~It's me!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic