icon

clifford proximity sensor, viper alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black92coupe 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

im installing a viper 5901 in my 1992 ford mustang, i have installed a dozen or so alarm/remote start combos so i know the basics, just never had this many sensors to hook up with it

i have the following items

dei 513t x4 piezo sirens

dei 620v x 2

dei 520t backup battery

dei 507m tilt sensor

dei 506t glass sensor

dei 515r backup siren with battery

clifford 905311proximity sensor

the first problem i have is with the clifford proximity sensor, is it even compatible with the viper 5901? i just dont see a way to adjust it, ive seen some sort of control module for it in diagrams but cannot locate one for purchase,can this be adjusted from the viper remote like it can be from clifford alarms? if this sensor works with my alarm can someone please post a wiring diagram for it, also where should i place this, would it be best to have it in the middle of the car? i can put it under my console right in the middle of the car if its benificial

might just replace this with a dei 508d or w.e it is but would like to use the clifford one as it seems like a waste of money to switch at this point

the second thing is how do i go about hooking up all these sensors to the one mux port, i have a feeling there would be a problem if i hooked all the triggers up together, also should i power all the sensors from a seperate power source or hook them all up to the mux 12 volt?also can you buy a plug for this or how do i go about using this

then theres the backup battery, do i still hook a 12volt from the car's battery to the alarm brain or do i only hook up the gray wire to the alarm 12v input?

if i hook up the piezo sirens to the brown siren wire will i be able to turn them all off if i disconect the battery, will i still be able to turn the alarm off

or is there a way to use the backup siren's key to turn off all the piezos aswell

any help is greatly appreciated, i gotta get this car back together asap

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2010 at 4:44 AM / IP Logged  
It's only compatible with some G4 and all G5 Clifford, unfortunately you will have to replace it with a twice the size 508d. Another way of dumping superior Clifford products when DEI took them over.
By the way I think you are on a hiding to nothing on false alarms with all those sensors. You really only need a 508d.
As for the Sirens, main as a battery back-up, hide the normal one in the vehicle.
black92coupe 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

thanks a lot, i just went out and bought a 508d, figured out the multiple sensor thing, just need some diodes

just need the other questions ansqwered

thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Can't be bothered all those extra sirens are a waste of time!
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Keep the 508D, Tilt sensor and perhaps the 520T..and maybe one piezo siren inside the vehicle somewhere that is not accessible. The 520Ts have a bad reputation of going bad after a short time. They don't maintain a charge enough to power your alarm siren. I installed a different type of 12volt backup battery with a resistor to limit the current that charges it. The 520T does not have this feature, thus overcharging it and shortening its lifespan. You can connect the red wires from both sirens to the brown wire, and both black to ground. To connect the 508d and Tilt to the same mux harness.. jump the blue wire from the 508d sensor side to the green wire leading to the brain..and take the blue wire loose end on the brain side and connect that to the blue of the tilt. make sense? As far as the 515r, same problem as the 520t over time. Listen to Howie's advice also. clifford proximity sensor, viper alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
btw.. I would lose the 620v's. The alarm comes with a blinking blue led which should do the job. You don't necessarily want to give away what type of alarm system you have anyway.
black92coupe 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot howie and jcs!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic