the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5101

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
hi i got a question about an viper 5101 i just lost the remote control  and  i bought 2 controls one is avital 474 and the other is a viper7641v can i have some help here to program it to the brain ,can you guys tell me if  i got the right stuff  ,i know its not the one i have before ,need to know if it can be programed to this brain  and how to do thanks.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Going from memory here - however I know the install manual is in the download section.
Key on
press valet button once
press and hold valet button (hear 1 honk)
while still pressing the valet button press lock on remote 1 (hear honk)
press lock on remote 2 (hear honk)
turn off key
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2010 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, unfortunately, neither of those remotes will work for the Viper 5101. When you do have a compatible remote, the procedure can be found in the owner's guide, but is also as follows:
Put the remote into pairing mode by pressing and holding the F button until the LED at the top of the remote comes on solid. Once the LED is solid, release F and hold the remote start button for about 3 seconds. The LED will blink 3 times. Let go of that button and proceed to put the car into pairing mode.
To put the car into paring mode, turn the key to the RUN position and press and release the button on the antenna once, then press and hold it. The LED will start blinking and horn will honk (if connected). Now just press LOCK on the remote you put in pairing mode earlier and you should hear a horn honk (if connected) if the pairing was successful.
Try to do all of this within 45-60 seconds to make sure neither the remote or car time out.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic