icon

5902 guide

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steeda911 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  

I know this has been talked about often but I figured what the heck!!! I know everyone has stated that the 5901 installation manual will work for the 5902 but the 5902 is a 18pin harness that the 5901 does not seem to have.  Anyway I have matched up the colors from the 5901 manual and they are the same but I was wondering if anyone on here has the installation manual for the 5902.  I have the Quick Reference quide for the 5902 and it has been mentioned that is the installation manual for the 5902.  I find that hard to believe.  Anyway I just applied for my business license so I hope to become a DEI dealer and then have access to there tech site and also sell those great DEI products.  I am hoping they will have a installation manual that I can download. 

I am not a do it yourselfer!! I was in the business for almost 9 yrs before I decided to change careers and become a firemen.  Anyway I am looking to get back into it and I thought by becoming a dealer it would help me get the products and tech I need. 

If you have the guide and want to send it my way or have some insite for me that would be great.

Thanks for your time and sorry to have brought this subject up again

Kris

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
There ISN'T ONE !
Also the 5902 loses the second unlock output, you have to use an aux.
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the input Howie II.  So what was the second unlock output used for and why did they get rid of it.  I don't need it for my install but just wondering.

Thanks bud

"And yes I test all my wire"....LOL 5902 guide -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
Vehicles with driver priority unlocking, you can either set the unit up for double unlock or with that second neg. unlock wire so you had to press the disarm button a second time within a few seconds if you wanted to unlock all the doors.
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
Oh I remember now!!! Progressive door locks.  DUUUUHHHH
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
How funny, I actually typed that before I read your posting.  What an idiot.  You can tell the cob webs need to be cleaned out.  I can't believe how much I forgot and guess how much is coming back.  I have only been out of installing for like 3 yrs, but dam!!!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Quite normal! My best mate and I were in the business together and apart for over 40 years!
He sold his business 21/2 years ago to buy a hairdressing salon (yes honestly).
We had to remove the universal door opener from his old Cayman and install it in his BMW, also a trunk release button (believe it or not it's only on the remote, not in the car in the UK).
He's completely lost it, I had to do everything for him!
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
To funny.  If you don't mind could you refresh my memory on a couple wires for me.  Well should I say explain since I don't remember these being on the last remote start in stalled (viper 790xv)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
Go for it, except I'm off to work and you're probably off to bed.
steeda911 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2010 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  

Okay remote start 10pin connector

H3/1      Pink                                   Ingnition 1 input/output   (I get this)

H3/2     RED / pink                            fused (30A) ignition 2/flex relay input 87    (what is the flex input) is it for isolation????????

H3/3     Orange                               Accessory output (I get this)

H3/4    Violet                                   Starter output   (I get this)

H3/5    Green                                  Starter input   (I get this)

H3/6    Red                                       Ignnition 1 input (I get this)

H3/7  Pink/white                             ignition 2/ flex relay output  (what is the flex output) is it for isolation?????????????????

H3/8 Pink/black                              flex relay input 87A key side if required of flex relay ???????????

H3/9 RED / black                                accessory/starter input (I get this)

This alarm will be going into a 2004 ford lightning

Thanks for your help

Kris

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic