icon

eclipse ti 10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
What is the recommended enclosure size for one of these?  I have one collecting dust in my closet and I'm finally getting around to building a box for it.  It seems to be alittle difficult to find recommended box size for it.  I'm leaning more towards clarity than spl (eventhough I would love to hear this thing pound like crazy).  I have 1kw available for it once I wire the coils in parallel.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Let me see what I can dig up for you. I have one in a sealed enclosure, with (I think...) about .9 cubes, net. With 1kW RMS ready to go, that's about perfect. Before you decide on an enclosure, let me get the real T/S numbers for you. Stand by.
For your perusal, while waiting...
Does it pound? Oh, yes. Nice transients too. A very fast woofer, it actually plays louder and deeper than the Eclipse Ti12 I used to have.
97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Let me see what I can dig up for you. I have one in a sealed enclosure, with (I think...) about .9 cubes, net. With 1kW RMS ready to go, that's about perfect. Before you decide on an enclosure, let me get the real T/S numbers for you. Stand by.
For your perusal, while waiting...
Does it pound? Oh, yes. Nice transients too. A very fast woofer, it actually plays louder and deeper than the Eclipse Ti12 I used to have.

Seen this before.  Need more pics and dimensions if you are willing to part with them.  :-)

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am still waiting to get those actual parameters for the woofer!
As far as MY enclosure, it's 11.5 X 11.5 X 13.5, (internal dimensions, with 1" sides and top, 3/4 inch bottom) for a gross volume of 1.03 cubes. The woofer is .19 cubes, and the bracing is roughly .09, for a net volume of .75 cubes. I stuffed it with polyester pillow stuffing to .75 pounds per cubic foot, which is 9 ounces.
97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Haemphyst.  The woofer displacement was the next thing I was going to ask about since this thing is so big.  I think I'm going to build the box for a net of around 1.1 and see how it sounds.  I can always fill the box to take up space if need be.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic