icon

python 991 into 2002 dodge ram 2500 diese

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hillj21 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

I am a novice at this kind of work. I have done lower quality installs and want to do this one with as much information in front of me as possible

1) I am curious about the diode isolation, do I need a specific size diode and can they be found at fry's or radio shack. A Part Number would be appreciated.

2) How do I tell what type of locks I have, like my chevy is a type c.

3) I am seeing alot of mentioning of resistors in some alarm installs, how do you determine this, is it by vehicle, voltage rating. Anyone who has knowledge of this DEI alarm or installing a quality alarm in this model of Dodge would be greatly appreciated.

pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
yes u will need diodes and resistors for that vehicle mostly dodges and chryslers use them for lock and unlock. For the diodes i usually buy the smallest ones they have does matter and u can find it in Radio Shack thats where i get them. You will need a 330 ohm and 820 ohm resistor. I use the ones that say 5% 1/2 watt. Type C locks means that the lock and unlock wire is the same. You will need two relays one for lock with the 820 ohm resistor and the 330 for the unlock which will both be negative.
Confidence is the key to any project!!
hillj21 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate your help with this. I am curious, everything is saying not to interface with the wait to start light, why is that? I live in the mountains in Northern California and travel in the Sacramento Valley alot. My intake warmer light dramatically changes from 10 seconds to as long as 40 seconds. If I use a pulse timer, I cannot have it start right when it needs to, I will have one setting and I am not happy with that. Can you tell me why I cannot use that light and possibly tell me if I have a tach wire behind my guage cluster or at the PCM.
Thank you again for all your assistance.
Justin
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  

Bulldog Security has this note on the Diesel Tach wire : 

NOTE *6 the DIESEL tach wire is a GRAY/BLACK in the BLACK plug at the PCM (Powertrain Control Module)

For diodes, the basic 1N4001 or 1N4004 will work nicely.  The common relay is called a 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay.

Here is a link to the Bulldog Security web site for a complete wire listing for your vehicles :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp  This is only a "guide" so verify all wires with a DMM.

Soldering is fun!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
I can stand corrected, but i think the light is done through data hence you should not attempt to use it. If i am wrong i see no reason why you can't since it will be outputtig voltage rather that recieving.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic