2004 Saab 9-5 ARC Bypassing Immobilizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
burner 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I have installed a Compustar 1-way remote starter in a Saab 9-5 ARC (Not aero although I think they are pretty similar).
I was unable to get the 556UW (key in box from DEI) module to transpond to the key cylinder.   I was really hoping someone could help.
1) The starter and locks and everything else works. The car will remote start with the key in the cylinder.
2) I have taken the chip out from the key (It is the bigger key with the lock/trunk buttons on it , wouldn't fit in the 556U coffin so I removed the chip and placed it in the coffin
3) i tried the ring in many different positions and it is not working in any position. The install guide for the 556U also provides a way to hard wire the module in but it only provides diagrams for 2-wire immobilizers? The Saab immobilizer has 3 wires (black, BROWN / yellow, green).
Does anyone have any solution?
Thanks in advance
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Try to obtain (if they make one ) a valet key programmed for your car, it will fit better, also try the BROWN / yellow and green, I think the black may be a ground, use your DMM and test. I've done Vauxhall/Opel just using the chip, I believe it's the same immobiliser.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
By the way I meant only hard wire and the cheap should be place on the plastic antenna surround of the ignition switch where it will work.
The chip on it's own won't work in a 556.
yolster 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
HELP!
I've been looking for a remote starter system that will work. I have a 2004 9-5 wagon. Can't seem to find anyone who says they do work. Can you tell me what you did? what you used.
It's getting cold. I'd really like to put one in. I know there is a way.
Thanks, I'd appreciate the help.
: )
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
You're obviously not finding the right people, in your area try contacting Chris Luongo or Enice.
The alarm part is pretty straight forward, R/S needs a 556UW or equivalent, with a spare valet key or one without any buttons on it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic