the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 nissan versa r/s inop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

hello guys, i install a R/S unit (prostart ct-3471) into a 2009 nissan versa (standard key) and i use a ADS-AL bypass module but i cant program the 2 way transmitter, no response at all. do you guys know whats wrong?

do i need to connect the R/S ignition wire into the vehicle ignition harness? base on the diagram of ads-dl the the r/s ignition output is connected to the ignition wire input (pink wire) of the bypass module. is that the right way to connect the wire?

on the R/S tach wire, how can i wire it? is it connected to the bypass module or into the ignition coil?

on the r/s lock/unlock wire and arm/disarm wire, do i need to connect both of this wire into the bypass module or just the lock/unlock wire?

if the hood is up the led light in the antenna is flashing. is that normal?

thanks

tianot
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  

You must connect the remote starter IGN1, Starter1, ACC1 and ACC2 outputs to the Versas' ignition switch harness in addition to the connections shown on the iDatalink guide.  If the ProStart needs to see the cars' ignition going on and off to enter into program mode, that is your problem. 

The iDatalink Tach output is very good, so connect it to the remote start Tach In wire.

Just connect the Lock / UnLock wires to the iDatalink module but if the car has the factory alarm, it will do both functions.  Nissans with factory alarms will remote start without setting off the alarm.

I am not familiar with ProStart units, so not sure about the antenna lights. 

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

thanks kreg!

prostart is the same to the autostart model. diagram and installation guide are the same.

what i did is that i did not connect the r/s ignition output to the ignition of the vehicle, i just connect it into the pink wire ignition input of the bypass module . is that right? or i will connect the r/s ignition to the vehicle ignition wire and tap the ignition input wire of the bypass module?

on the r/s GWR wire, do i need to connect that wire before programming or after the programming?

if i dont connect the r/s ignition wire to the ignition vehicle, can the lcd transmitter work? i cant program the transmitter, after flashing the hood pin, the led light for 20 secs and i turn the key on, off and press and hold the lock button, i dont any response from the remote.

thanks

tianot
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

Connect the remote starter IGN1 to the cars Ignition1 at the ignition switch and connect the iDatalink Pink ignition wire that same remote starter IGN1 wire.

The reason the remote transmitter won't program is because the remote starter is not seeing the cars ignition wire go to +12v when you get to step about turning the key to on.

The iDatalink module programming sequence should go like this. I am assuming everything is installed / connected.

Make sure the module is flashed with the correct firmware.

Perform the Factory Reset procedure ( bottom of Page 52 ).  At Step 5 perform the Mode selection procedure ( top of Page 51 ).  Then finish the reset procedure Step 6.  You can omit Step 7.

Next, do the Programming procedure, middle of Page 51 for a non PTS car.

Soldering is fun!
razuuk004 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I'm installing a Viper 5701 with a Directed 556uw immobilizer bypass to a 2000 nissan Maxima. I connected the blue wire of the 556 to the blue Status wire of the alarm. I cut the Starter wire and connected both the ign. side and engine side to the Viper alarm. I connected the red (fused) wire and Pink wire to Ign. I put the Coded key inside the module and the antena ring over the ignition cylinder. when I try to activate the remote start, I get nothing but a 7 chirmp signal from the viper. Am i missing something or is this a program error???
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Calm down, read the manual, if you do not have it it is available on this site.  The viper comes preprogrammed to manual transmission mode.  You need to change that feature to auto trans if infact you have an auto trans.
Advanced

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic