icon

clifford 590.2x and dei dball

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dunce-cap 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram with no factory keyless or alarm. I'm installing a Clifford 590.2x (5901/5902) and using the DEI DB-ALL for my bypass/can comm. I have done as much research as I could (including looking for it posted here already) and have the vehicle service manual and all required DEI manuals. I'm using D2D so all I need is a few wires. Here's what wires I know.

H1/11 to dball pink/white for park lights (set for +)

H1/2 to 12v

H1/5 to gnd

BLACK/ white to gnd (neutral safety)

What I don't know is which wire to the vehicle's pink/white ignition wire. I'm assuming it H3/1 but the description of that wire in the 5902 manual has me confused. Any help?

Also, do I need to connect any of the other heavy-gauge wires from the H3 remote start harness? Remember I'm using D2D with all DEI products.

Any help is appreciated.

dunce-cap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I got comfirmation that the pink H3/1 wire is indeed my ignition output from the clifford that needs to go to the pink/white in the ignition switch. I also found a post stating that I need to place H3/2, H3/6 and H3/7 to +12 volts. I'll try it out when I get home tonight.
dunce-cap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
The remote start doesn't work but everything else does. I did the tach learn and made sure the wiring is as stated above. Any comments?
dunce-cap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I don't understand why no one is replying. Have I done something wrong on the forum? I certainly apologize if that's the case.
dunce-cap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2010 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Come on guys, I'm too old for this. It's getting frustrating. Does anyone know?
corrado007 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2010 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to reply so you wouldn't be alone in this thread. Hopefully someone will chime in soon. Good luck.
dunce-cap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
At least i know someone's reading. Thanks for that clifford 590.2x and dei dball -- posted image.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
PIink wire from the heavy gauge clifford harness is your ignition output to vehicle.  The Red and RED / Black will need constant 12volts from that heavy gauge harness in order to power the ignition output(pink wire) and start wire. 
Advanced
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
when I go to xpresskit.com and choose 2011 from the dropdown, it does not give me an option for Dodge.  Have you verified in some way that the dball and the firmware you are using are compatible with your truck? 
Advanced
dunce-cap 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2010 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, I told the Dodge dealer what I was going to install and he verified for me that the 2009-2011 trucks are the same as far as electrical/electronics.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic