icon

2008 rogue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lynnboy021 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

i am hooking up a bulldog rs and i know that you put the bypass wire to the keysense wire but all the ones i did was all ground wires and on this truck it says it needs a pos wire {

Key Sense LIGHT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
} but bulldog website says i dont need the keysense wire so the ? is do i have to hook it up and how do i??? oh and what is a
LOCK MOTOR WIRE  PURPLE (+) 5-wire type  in DRIVERS KICK PANEL or BCM, (BLACK, 15-PIN PLUG) PIN 10, NOTE #2

xxunknownxx 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Just connect the keysense to the second ignition.
lynnboy021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2010 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
do i need any relays or anything? so the keysense wire from the car just hook it up to its ing 2 wire plus i dont see any ing2 wire on bulldogs website and this website
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

Which Bulldog remote start unit are you using?

What bypass unit are you using?

The Lock Motor signal is usually not used / needed unless its an "Add on remote start" that uses the Factory keyless entry FOB to get a start command.

Here is a picture of the ignition connector.  Most Bulldog units have 2 ignitions, one accessory and one starter outputs.  If want to power both accessory wires, an extra 30/40A SPDT relay, fuse holder, 20A fuse and possibly some diodes will be required.

2008 rogue -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
lynnboy021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
i forgot wich one is but it has the built in 791 bypass.. so i use the ing2 wire from the remote starter to the keysense wire right? also on my 2002 es300 when i remote start the car i cant unlock the car with my car's key i have to put the key in the lock to unlock the door and if i dont use the remote starter i can use my fob to unlock the doors so is this truck going to be the same?
xxunknownxx 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 09 Sentra which is pretty similar to the Rogue and I chose not to power the keysense.....only thing is when you dont power the keysense if you try to turn the ignition within 45 seconds of remote starting it wont turn.
But I figured if Im gonna be getting in the car within 45 seconds of remote starting why not just get in and start it with the key instead of remote starting. Also today I can check and see if the doors unlock with the fob while running.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
The Nissan Rogue keyless entry should still work while the car is running in remote start unlike the Toyota / Lexus vehicles.  On the 2011 Rogue with Intelli-Key, even the Intelli-Key still works while remote started.
Soldering is fun!
lynnboy021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
thanks you guys rock... one last ? do i have to hook up the ing2 from the rs to the keysense???
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
On the 2011 Rogue I did recently, I used an iDatalink bypass module and followed their install guide.  No mention of the keysense wire was made and I did not hook it up.  It was an Intelli-Key Rogue and had zero issues with "key take over".   ( On Intelli-Key cars, there are 2 Keysense wires, one Light Green and one Dark Green, both (+). )
Soldering is fun!
lynnboy021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
so do i have to hook up the ing2 wire from the rs to the keysense wire???
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic