icon

keep rear defrost on after rs takeover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KaMLuNg 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

sorry if this has been discussed before but i tried searching with no success...

Vehicle:   2007 Toyota Corolla LE

Alarm/RS System: Hornet 564T (self installed and running for 2 yrs now)

i have the rear defrost feature hooked up on the GWR wire and i was wondering if there was a way that when i takeover from the RS, is there a way to keep the rear defrost on... currently, when i take over from RS, it turns off my rear defrost, and have to hit the button again...

thanks in advanced...

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
This is the way it is supposed to work.
I realize it's a HUGE inconvenience to push the defroster button
after you get in the car.....
It could really be an issue if the defroster was somehow triggered, or
left on! Someone much smarter than myself should be able to tell you how to do this,   I just wonder why....?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Push the bloody button.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
WTH. keep rear defrost on after rs takeover -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
use a relay to flip the polarity of your GWR to +12v. hook a latched relay to the GWR and use your drivers doorpin as the ground for the latched relay supply.
wire a standard relay like this to make a latched relay:
your +GWR goes to 86
doorpin ground goes to 85 if your doorpin id + then you need another relay
constant 12v goes to 87
and 30 is your +12v output but it also needs to be looped back to 86
as long as it has a solid ground you only need a momentary pulse on 86 and the relay will loop its own power back to itself to stay on after the input is shut off. but once you break the ground(open the door) it needs another pulse to turn back on. and since you need another relay to flip the GWR polarity you shouldn't have to worry about power backfeeding through the system.
problem is that your defroster wont turn off once you get in the car until you open the door again to break the ground to the latched relay.
other than that...push the button
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

that lazy to push a button?

im sure by the time you get into the car, the ice has melted and you wont need it anymore.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
use a relay to flip the polarity of your GWR to +12v. hook a latched relay to the GWR and use your drivers doorpin as the ground for the latched relay supply.
wire a standard relay like this to make a latched relay:
your +GWR goes to 86
doorpin ground goes to 85 if your doorpin id + then you need another relay
constant 12v goes to 87
and 30 is your +12v output but it also needs to be looped back to 86
as long as it has a solid ground you only need a momentary pulse on 86 and the relay will loop its own power back to itself to stay on after the input is shut off. but once you break the ground(open the door) it needs another pulse to turn back on. and since you need another relay to flip the GWR polarity you shouldn't have to worry about power backfeeding through the system.
problem is that your defroster wont turn off once you get in the car until you open the door again to break the ground to the latched relay.
other than that...push the button

And THERE you have it........

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
now that im reading my own post i have one little correction to make. it should be obvious but i just wrote it wrong. the doorpin needs to be ground while the door is closed. usually this will amount to a + doorpin on any tech sheet. not sure about your exact car but sometimes a doorpin will be positive with the door open and then with the door closed, the circuit will be open, neither positive nor ground.
so if this is the case and your doorpin circuit is open with the door closed you will need another relay wired like this:
85) to your + doorpin
86 and 87a) ground
30)output to 85 of the latched relay
this relay supply a constant ground to the other relay and will break the ground connection when you open the door.
if you have a negative doorpin all you need to do is flip the polarity just like you did with the GWR.
sorry for any confusion.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic