icon

python 580 no programming mode or led

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
judgetredd77 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all, I really need some help! I've got my Python 580 and CANMAX400DEI wired to my '08 Accord, but I cannot go into programming mode to change to automatic mode. In fact, I've never seem the LED on my valet switch go on. It's completely unresponsive. Here is what I've done on this install... if you see anything that could be causing this, please help!!!

Python 580 connections (same as Viper 5301):

H1/1

H1/2 - 12V in ignition harness
H1/3
H1/4 - 
H1/5 - Ground
H1/6
H1/7
H1/8 - Ground
H1/9
H1/10
H1/11
H1/12

H2/1

H2/2
H2/3
H2/4
H2/5
H2/6
H2/7

H3/1 - Ignition wire

H3/2
H3/3 - Accessory 1
H3/4 - Starter 1
H3/5 - 12V
H3/6
H3/7
H3/8 - 12V

Remote start input

1 - Ground
5 - Rear defog wire

Remote start aux. output

Door lock harness

For all ground connection, I tapped into the metal supports around the steering column (bare metal).

I connected the antenna to the brain with the three required connectors
I connected the toggle switch and it is set to "on"

Does anything seem wrong?

Thanks!
JudgeTredd77

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

do the remotes work? What happens when you try to enter programming? Have you verified power,ground, igniton, and door trigger with a dmm?

judgetredd77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

The remotes lock and unlock the doors and open trunk, so they should be OK. Pressing the remote start makes an error on the 2-way control and after 30secs or so a relay clicks from the brain, but nothing happens.

When I try to enter programming, I turn the ignition ON, then OFF. Right after I press and hold the valet switch. Nothing happens. No LED, no horn. I've checked my connections with my Fluke DMM and the pink wire on the Python receives 11.77 volts when the ignition is ON.

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
What happens if you fress the funtion button twice and then press the unlock button?  This should light the LED solid and put the brain in valet mode.   Pressing the function button twice and the unlock button a second time should turn off the LED and take the brain out of valet mode.  Just a way to test the LED.   I was able to bench test a Viper 5301 this way with just the H1  harness, 12volt and ground connected to a battery charger.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
judgetredd77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

smokeman1 wrote:
What happens if you fress the funtion button twice and then press the unlock button?  This should light the LED solid and put the brain in valet mode.   Pressing the function button twice and the unlock button a second time should turn off the LED and take the brain out of valet mode.  Just a way to test the LED.   I was able to bench test a Viper 5301 this way with just the H1  harness, 12volt and ground connected to a battery charger.
Tried this, but still no LED. What does this mean? Am I tapping my ground in the wrong spot?

smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

I would think that if the brain is making clicking sounds it is getting 12 volts and has a ground from the H1 harness. 

I took a blue LED from a Viper 571xv and plugged it into the bench test 5301 and it went solid when I put the 5301 into valet mode. 

Do you have any spare parts or another 580 to swap parts from??  I would think that if the brain is clicking, it is receiving commands from the remote through the antenna, so the antenna connection is not in question. 

Might be time to take a break from it and recheck your connections.  Maybe take H1/8 and connect it to the door trigger.

Do you have the horn and parking wires connected or is this done through the CANMAX. I'm not familiar with them and didn't look up an info.

judgetredd77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2010 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  

Horn and parking wires are done through the CANMAX... the only wires I connected are the ones in my original post above.

judgetredd77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2010 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

I've got a couple of questions, if anyone can help:

CANMAX400DEI is in D2D mode; do I need the following connections on the Python 580?

H1/3 (-) Horn Output
H1/7 (-) Horn Input
H1/11 Parking Light Output
Remote start input 2 : Tachometer Input
Remote start input 3 : Brake shutdown 
Remote start input 4 : Hood pin
What about the jumper settings?
I left the parking light flash fuse to (+) : is this OK?
I left the D2D jumpers in horizontal position... Python Install manual says to put in vertical, but CANMAX install manual says to put in horizontal

Any help appreciated!!!

Judge

judgetredd77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

***UPDATE***

I got everything working correctly!!! I checked all my connections again, continuity and voltage, and everything was fine. So I figured maybe the LED just isn't working right on the antenna, so I hooked up the horn, which I hadn't done before, because it was connected through my CANMAX. I start the car, turn it off, hold the programming button, and there chirps the horn!!! I programmed into automatic mode, and made a few changes through the menus, using the horn as my guide. Everything works perfectly now! Everything, that is, expcept for the LED on the antenna. Maybe it's busted, or maybe the brain is not sending it the right signal... I'll find out which part is defective and send it back.

So, to answer my own question, when using CANMAX in D2D, H1/3 to horn might be a good idea, H1/7 is not used, H1/11 can be hooked up, but not necessary, D2D jumper must be in horizontal position.

If anyone ever needs help connecting a system to a 2008-2011 Honda Accord using a Viper and CANMAX400DEI, let me know! I don't always check in to this forum, but you can reach my through PM.

BTW, any thoughts on which wire from the Viper is supposed to light up the LED on the valet switch?

Thanks to everyone who gave me hand!

Judge

smokeman1 
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

Glad to hear you got it running.  Sorry i couldn't help more, I am not that familiar with CANMAX stuff.  I like the idea of connecting the horn to get it together.

The LED should be the white plug. You could get a blue Viper LED from a Viper 571 off of E-Bay  to test that port of the brain. It would cost you a few bucks.   P/N 8634 for Blue LED

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic