viper smartstart in a 2nd gen mdx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cerulean~blue 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
godd dan it wrote:

Like I said before, if the gray wire isnt hooked up at all, the remote starter should still work. If the gray wire is hooked up to the Idatalink module and theres a problem with the module, then that could keep it from being able to remote start. Or if the gray wire is touching ground.

Seems like the installer really messed up. You said he fried a control module right? Thats not something I would do. So my only guess is that the gray wire on the Viper system is not properly hooked up.

But the remote starter worked originally, so it was hooked up right. It was our power lift gate that did not work from the buttons in the vehicle because the module ipfor the lift gate got cooked during the install (how he did this I am not sure as that control module isn't even needed for the remote start, itis only for hard button inside the vehicle, the factory key fobs and remote start key fobs use a different interface).
Acura unplugged the remote starter to install and test the new lift gate control module. Once the lift gate module was working, they plugged in the remote starter again. Now it thinks the hood is open and won't start. Acura said they did not touch his wiring.
We looked, there is no grey wire connected to the idatalink. According to the install manual for the bypass, which I read today, it says that the hood output doesn't need to be connected if there is 2-way communication on the idatalink cable. I have no idea if ours is set up with 2-way communication. And the idatalink manual confirms there is hood communication with our vehicle.
We're not going to touch anything. was just hoping it was something easy like a loose connection or something unplugged. Maybe the bypass has to be reprogrammed.
My main worry now is that we have to take it back to the installer tomorrow and I'm not sure if he's a bonehead or if his mistake that fried the module was just a mistake. I don't want a bonehead doing anymore work on this so if that's the case I want it pulled, my money back and I'll go elsewhere. If it was an honest error and he's not normally incompetent then I suppose he should have the chance to get this sorted out.
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Its possible that the bypass needs to be reprogrammed and/or flashed again. I didnt know the remote starter orginally worked before.

Im pretty sure Viper isnt compatible with Idatalink bypasses. That means you cant connect using the data cable (I think thats what they call 2-way communication), so you have run the gray wire to the Idatalink bypass or wire in a hood pin switch.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic