icon

carvox cx 2300 alarm/camco rs 750

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ydaveitsu 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'm just thinking has anyone have the problems I've had with this alarm install. I've installed it, taken it out, labeled every wire, reinstalled it three times. I've taken apart my Ford E-150 wire by wire, I've traced wires here there and everywhere. I've e-mail the supplier and went as far as buying a new control module. The basic things seem to work OK. the parking lights work on this one (the first one they did not), the dome light supervision feed works on this one (the first one,it did not), it arms and disarms, locks and unlocks, remote starts and shuts down. But both units do not hold in memory the programing features through the hand held remote. There are 17 items you are suppose to be able to turn on, turn off, and or change to your preference. 1.transmission type 2.Door Locking motor type 3. Single/double unlock pulse 4.Gas or Diesel 5.Glow plug (+)or(-) 6. 2nd IGN on or off 7. Auto Rearming 8. Auto door lock 9. parking light flash when door open 10. Passive arming 11. Passive locking 12. Disarm on trunk release 13. Parking light flash/constant 14 Remote engine start run time 15. Window roll-up On/Off 16.Auxiliary channel output 17. Short run/turbo. The problem is when I try and program these items, If I change one, it will change another that I don't want to change. When I'm programing the alarm/vehicle will confirm the change by chirping and by light flashes, but it won't hold the setting in memory. Items 7 through 14 will change if you just change item 7 to say automatic rearming to off. First of all the changes must be done in the disarm state, But while your trying to get into the program menu, the alarm wants to arm itself. Even if your quick to get to #7 and say no and exit, when you go back in to the menu, everything has changed to the opposite to what you set it at. Does anyone know the procedure to do this correctly, because I'm not having any luck.
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
I just removed a Carvox alarm/remote starter from a guy's car and installed a Viper system in its place. He said he was having too many problems with the alarm and will never buy another Carvox alarm again. I honestly never heard of Carvox. Sorry I cant help.
ydaveitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Those are words I didn't want to here. You get what you pay for is the old saying
ydaveitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
godd dan it, Do you know what model the carvox alarm was?
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  

ydaveitsu wrote:
godd dan it, Do you know what model the carvox alarm was?

Nope. I know it was a LCD 2-way pager system. Thats all I know.

And yes you do get what you pay for, but an alarm needs to be installed correctly in the first place. A Viper alarm system can have problems if its not installed properly. Sounds like you installed it right and it sounds strange for an alarm not to remember its program settings. Im not familiar with Carvox at all and they seem like a junk company to me.

ydaveitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Godd Dan It, Do you think because I have not used certain functions of this alarm by not connecting the wires, this might be some of my problems. Things I have not hooked up; the trunk release, Factory rearm and disarm connections to an OEM factory alarm (don't have a factory alarm), Bypass module hook-up, wait to start for diesel, Auxiliary channel output, window roll-up, and second unlock pulse. This is the second brain for this unit. Although the things like the parking lights, the dome light and door locks did not work on the first unit, they do work on this second unit. It has a temperature sensor that you can query through the remote, the first unit was dead-on, the second unit showed 12 degrees low. Also the shock sensor didn't seem to work on this second unit. I can pound on the side of the truck and nothing will happen. I think some of my problem is the fact I only replaced the brain module and not the communication module which contains the antenna, temp sensor and shock sensor. I'm thinking the brain and communication unit are a match set and are tuned to each other. You think ? At this point any help, will help me from being totally lost. I don't know where to look for the problem anymore. 1997 E-150 Mark III conversion van, Camco RS-750, same as Carvox CX2300b alarm system
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
No it doesnt matter if you dont have some wires hooked up. It should still work correctly. It sounds like maybe you need to change the other module too. I dont know if they have to be a matched set or not.
rc200 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
Any progress on your side ?
I have some troubles too with the CX2300a.
Overall it works fine (all the functions I mean: windows roll-up, remote start, auto rearm, in gear detection for remote start, trunk release, ....)
Option 7 (auto rearm) can be put on or off
but I cannot put option 15 (windows roll-up) on or off. It's always on.
I don't remember if I was able to put off before (usually I want windows rolling up by default).
Seems some other options don't work too (parking lights flashing or constant in remote start procedure).
I will check how option 7 influences others as you mentioned.
200sx, 300zx, S4.
Carvox CX2300a mods:
_RF range extended (>5kms)
_interfaced with GPS106B tracker
_hacked
ydaveitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
I ended up taking the CX2300 out and sending it back to the supplier. I lost money on the deal and wasn't a happy camper. I then installed a Autopage C3-RS-730 LCD. I have to say the CX2300 would have been an easier unit to operate and program. The autopage unit is just to complicated to program and to remember the sequence of which buttons to push at which time. And here is the worst. I'm having similar problems with the autopage causing the lock and unlock function going to sleep. I've tried everything that everone has suggested ( on this site, thanks by the way) and from other sites. The unit will work the way it's suppose to for a day or two and then the locks will stop working.
rc200 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
In fact, the CX2300A works really fine but the user manual (Chinese to English traduction is partial ...)
I sorted out everything. Here is the results:
Option 1: "auto/manual"
If set to manual, each time you intend to use remote start, you need to perform the shutdown procedure: engine running, tach input is learned, neutral is checked, you remove the key, engine is still running, close the door, arm and the engine shutdown ==> remote start will occur. This shutdown procedure is painful.
If set to auto, the remote start will work without the need of the shutdown procedure but neutral, brake and arm state will be checked.
Option 9: "lights flash when door opened"
If set to ON, the lights flash as soon as you open a door.
If set to OFF, the lights flash only if ignition is set and a door is still opened ==> very useful
Option 15: "windows roll-up connect power"
this option is not to switch on/off the windows roll-up procedure (as I thought) but to tell to the unit to power up or not the ACC/IGN power before triggering the windows roll-up signal. it may very useful for cars not having permanent power in the doors ...
It means the windows roll-up is systematic as soon as you enter arm state.
When put to ON, I noticed the factory rearm signal is delayed (I use it to trigger my folding mirrors unit).
in my case, it's OFF and do the following trick to keep your windows open (in summer !):
windows opened, keep the passenger door opened and arm, the doors will lock, arm state is not yet entered and windows roll-up signal is not asserted. Then, close the door (already locked ... don't let your keys in the car !!), arm state is now entered and windows stay opened ...
Option 16: "AUX output"
whatever the duration you set 0.8s or 15s or latched, be aware the AUX icon will be displayed more than 10s on the LCD each time you use AUX
What I like in the CX2300 and that other alarms don't have:
_cheap price
_small unit
_features can be programmed from the remote and are comprehensive b/c choices are displayed on the LCD
_both vibrator and beep are supported in the remote
_temperature display even if not accurate (variable depending on the unit you get ...)
_remote battery lasts > 3months (eneloop sanyo AAA battery)
_battery status is shown
_remote car state check
_good range (even if I put a RF amplifier to get higher range in reception, > 5kms in my case)
_trunk remote opening is not a combination of key presses, only one long key press
_factory rearm/disarm outputs can be re-used to fold back your mirrors (with external unit in my case)
_no tach learning procedure if you use manual option
What I don't like or could be enhanced:
_lcd icons design is poor (small icons show the different states: doors, 3D sensor, ...), need to guess what they wanted to mean
_remote start doesn't check enough inputs, I mean gearbox neutral, parking brake and brake pedal states
_clock on the lcd shifts each time you set some options
_horn beep when arming is too much present, too much loud, too much long, obliged to switch off this option
_no confirmation beep/vibrator on the remote when arming/disarming
_turbo mode cannot be canceled with brake pedal when active (but remote start can)
_windows roll-up always on if connected ...
_optional (motion) sensor has one trigger input only, no pre-warning input (wheareas the integrated 3D shock sensor pre-warns depending on shock level)
_bad user manual, you need to guess what they try to mean, confusing ...
_obliged to perform shutdown procedure when set to manual car
200sx, 300zx, S4.
Carvox CX2300a mods:
_RF range extended (>5kms)
_interfaced with GPS106B tracker
_hacked
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic