icon

viper 450 plus,1 way

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sogamed 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
HI,i have just had a dealer tech installed the viper 350 plus one way alarm on my mitsubishi lancer 2009 GTS model,so far everything is fine but the trunk release function on the viper remote does not works,i had to use my original factory keyless,release trunk button inorder to unlock the trunk and this is real troublesome.The technichian does not know why the release trunk feature on the viper does not work,he said he connected all the wires but still it dose not work.
Also the dome light in the car does not automatic on when i unlock the car using the viper remote till i manually opened up the door,but when i try using the original remote to unlock the car the supervision dome light does auto comes on,is this a timer problem or i have to reprogram the alarm brain unit ?
Many thanks in advanced
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Are you holding the trunk release button on the viper for 3 seconds?
Most likely, its not connected correctly (if at all)
As far as the dome lights, Im sure that wire is not connected as well. Have another tech at the same shop look at it for you.
sogamed 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,yes i did try to hold the release trunk button for 3 secs and nothing happened,while on the factory remote i am still able to release the trunk using that factory remote.I guess i might have to find another shop that can fix this as the tech that installed this alarm has no idea how to do fix the trunk release thing :S
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have an electric relaease for the trunk on the interior of the vehicle? I'm sure we can help you do this yourself if you have a dmm, some small tools and a little time.
sogamed 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
DO u mean the manual button under my seat? used to release the trunk ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
Doh
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
Let's try again. I assume that like UK BMWs the only electric button trunk release is in the remote, thus if there is one you either have to relay the motor wire or find it at the body control module.
as for the dome light, they probably haven't wired in dome light supervision, again a relay is required, did you get a special deal on this install?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
Your installer may not have had access to Directwire or a dealer circuit diagramme. Directwire lists different methods of trunk release for different models.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic