gx470 remote starter?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I'm trying to gather all wiring info for a 2006 Lexus GX470 before installation and I'm planning to use Compustar 2w900FM with CM3000 brain.

This is the wiring diagram I got from Audiovox website and based on the wiring diagram, my question are 

1) Do I need to use the "disarm wire", "arm wire"  output from the Compustar remote starter module ? based on the description of the wiring diagram, factory alarm arm and disarm by lock and ulock.

2) I'm planning to use the XM05-PKT2 immobilizer bypass module, will this module work fine with this car ?

Thank you in advace for all inputs.

Battery WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Ignition 1 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Ignition 2 WHITE/ BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Accessory 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Starter 1 BLACK/ WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Anti-Theft Type UNIVERSAL IMMOBILIZER
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Key Sense BLUE/WHITE (-) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Neutral Safety BLUE/WHITE (-) AT DRIVER SIDE FUSEBOX
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Tachometer BLUE (AC) AT PCM MODULE UNDER RIGHT CENTER OF DASH
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Speed Sense BLUE/WHITE (AC) AT PCM MODULE UNDER RIGHT CENTER OF DASH
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Parking Lights RED / BLACK (+) IN HARNESS IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Low Crr. Pk Lights RED / YELLOW (-) LIGHT SWITCH HARNESS
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Brake Lights WHITE/ BLACK (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Reverse Lights GREEN/ BLACK (+) AT DRIVER SIDE FUSEBOX
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Horn LIGHT GREEN/ BLUE (-) AT PASSENGER FUSEBOX
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Rear Defrost BROWN / YELLOW

Trunk Trigger BLUE/GREEN (-) DRIVER SIDE FUSEBOX MULTIPLEX CONTROL UNIT
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Hood Trigger YELLOW (-) AT DRIVER SIDE FUSEBOX
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Alarm Disarm ARMS WITH LOCKS gx470 remote starter? -- posted image.
gx470 remote starter? -- posted image. Alarm Arm DISARMS WITH UNLOCK
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

The IM05 / XK05 with PKT2 firmware will work.

Connect only Compustar lock / unlock to GX470 door lock / unlock.  It will do both locks and alarm.  However connect (-) Ground While Running to Keysense to disable alarm on remote start up.  If you use (-) Ground While Running for both Keysense and the IM05 bypass module, diode isolate the two connections.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

The IM05 / XK05 with PKT2 firmware will work.

Connect only Compustar lock / unlock to GX470 door lock / unlock.  It will do both locks and alarm.  However connect (-) Ground While Running to Keysense to disable alarm on remote start up.  If you use (-) Ground While Running for both Keysense and the IM05 bypass module, diode isolate the two connections.

Kreg357, thanks lot for the info.

It's good to know what's the "Keysense" wire being used so Keysense wire also has a purpose to disarm the factory alarm.

I have another question, the location of the Tachometer wire, it's "at the PCM module under right center of dash".  How to access to the PCM module ? can I access to it by removing the glove box ? is it near the NAV screen ?

Also, what year the Lexus GX470 equipped with a CAN port so the remote starter is able to transmit D2D to the ECU via immobilizer bypass to lock/unlock.......instead of hardwiring ?

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

On Toyota / Lexus it's needed for the Factory alarm.  You could do the "unlock before and lock after remot start" routine to keep the alarm from going off, but using Keysense is easier.

Most other cars, it's only used for "key in ignition" chime.

If you can flash the IM05, the 5.PKTI firmware is a much easier install.  It's all at the steering column, not behind the glove box, with no wires to cut.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

As far as the Tach goes, use a DMM and see if Pin 9 at the OBD2 connector provides a Tach signal like most Toyotas do.  It's right at the bottom of  the drivers lower dash panel.

If that is no good, here is the Tach location from Bulldog Security :

TACH  BLACK/ WHITE   IN PIN 5, CONNECTOR E9 @ ECM, See NOTE *4 

NOTE *4 THE ECM (ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE) IS LOCATED BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

If you can flash the IM05, the 5.PKTI firmware is a much easier install.  It's all at the steering column, not behind the glove box, with no wires to cut.

How's the 5.PKTI firmware work ? is this considering D2D which required the remote starter equipped with D2D port and the Compustar CM300 does not equipped with a D2D port. 

I'd appreciate if you can clarify how's the PKTI firmware would reduce # wires during installation.

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

As far as the Tach goes, use a DMM and see if Pin 9 at the OBD2 connector provides a Tach signal like most Toyotas do.  It's right at the bottom of  the drivers lower dash panel.

If that is no good, here is the Tach location from Bulldog Security :

TACH  BLACK/ WHITE   IN PIN 5, CONNECTOR E9 @ ECM, See NOTE *4 

NOTE *4 THE ECM (ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE) IS LOCATED BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX.

Thank you for this info, I like the location of Bulldog better or the trick of pin 9 on OBDII is even easier.

kreg357 
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I always go W2W and the XK05 / IM05 flashed with 5.PKTI firmware will work in W2W mode just fine.  The big problem with the PKT2 firmware is the wires that have to be run / connect to the ECM, usually behind the glove box. And one of the wires has to be cut.  The 5.PKTI firmware allows a much cleaner install, all done at the immobilizer harness in the steering column, with no wires to cut.  Plus it does the keysense, too.  Used it in some recent installs ( Sienna and a Tundra ) with excelent results.  Go to Xpresskit nd download / compare the two install guides :  http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=null&year=2006&make=Lexus&model=GX%20470&ps=1&s=0
Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

I got you.  The purpose of keysense of the 5.PTKI is only for "key in ignition" chime like you said earlier, right ? Now the remaining question is can I get the XK05-PTKI pregrogrammed from any online store or I have to by a standard XK05 then flash with PKTI firmware by myself ?

Sorry for lots of questions !

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
keysense shuts off the OE alarm.... use TI firmware... much easier... all XK modules can be reflashed..... locks can be grabbed analogue in the PKP or via data (TOYDL) in the DKP....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic