icon

seeking recommendation for a two way sys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj10 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Doing another installation. Friend wants a long range two way LCD alarm system under $200. Want a unit with a consistent or good performer on transmitter range, separate dual stage shock sensor. Ideally prefer a range of up to a mile. Doesn't care much on the bells and whistles which includes a remote starter. If it comes with a remote starter then so be it if choices are limited. Installation is on a Toyota camry. Add on for future sensor will be a bonus though.
cj
corrado007 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
How about a Python 991? DEI is very reputable, it has good range, LCD, etc... Remote start would be a bonus.
http://www.amazon.com/Python-991-Responder-Security-Remote/dp/B001M1VUNM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290199646&sr=8-3
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know off hand if the shock sensor is a plug in type?
cj
corrado007 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a quick search and found this thread:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=119553&tpn=1&PN=1
It suggests that the 991 is identical to the viper 5901 which has an integrated shock sensor I'm afraid. If you don't mind my asking, why do you need a separate shock sensor?
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Bad experience with on board shock sensor from a previous viper installation. Don't get the sensitivity I want.
cj
corrado007 
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
I hear ya. You may be able to plug an extra, external shock sensor into the extra MUX port.
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Well I have my eyes on the Clarion SR9000 which has a one mile range using SST. I know its an old model (came out in 07) but it has a separate shock sensor and it has a long range. Any thoughts or anyone want to share their experience in particularly on range, reliability and sensitivity of shock sensor?
cj
corrado007 
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
cj10 wrote:
Well I have my eyes on the Clarion SR9000 which has a one mile range using SST. I know its an old model (came out in 07) but it has a separate shock sensor and it has a long range. Any thoughts or anyone want to share their experience in particularly on range, reliability and sensitivity of shock sensor?
Check this link out for a couple of reviews. Looks like about a half mile range and its a decent alarm.
http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-SR9000-Security-Remote-Keyless/product-reviews/B000YPE8W2/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
cj10 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone attest to longer range on the remote? A half a mile is good but short of the mile range per spec.
cj
corrado007 
Posted: November 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
cj10 wrote:
Can anyone attest to longer range on the remote? A half a mile is good but short of the mile range per spec.
Typically when a system claims a given range, that range is under perfect conditions. Perhaps some newer units may have a bit better range but I doubt any will live up to their specs under real world conditions. Things like buildings, weather, and other radio waves will all have an impact on the range you'll see out of a system. Hopefully someone with experience with the specific unit you're interested in will chime in with their experience.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic