the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 infiniti i35 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Going to install a Viper 5701 in the I35 and have a few questions.  First, I need a wiring diagram,  The thing is, the one posted on here is for a 02-03 I35 and for some reason people are telling me that the color codes are different.  I have two different wiring diagrams with different color codes for each.  And secondly, which bypass should I get.  I want it neat and with less wiring.  There are so many out there and its all so confusing, with the databus integration. How does this work?  I was looking at the pk05.  Thanks so much in advance.  This is my actual first install, I was always so scard of alarms but I got the system for 95.00 and wanna say I installed it myself.

mpe235 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  

MODEL  YEAR(S)
 I35  2004 -2005
 KEY  T-HARNESS  IMMOBILIZER
  N/A   N/A   INFINITI'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, Requires 791 Bypass Module and extra Ignition Key
 PART   COLOR  LOCATION
 12 VOLT CONSTANT   BLACK (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 STARTER  BLACK/ RED (+) See NOTE *1  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 STARTER 2  BLACK/ WHITE (+) See NOTE *1  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 IGNITION 1  BLACK / YELLOW (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 IGNITION 2  N/A  
 IGNITION 3  N/A  
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1  RED (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2  WHITE/ BLUE (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
 KEYSENSE  N/A  
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )  LIGHT BLUE (-)  @ SECU, PIN 20, See NOTE *2
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + )  RED / BLUE (+)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS heading to REAR of Vehicle
 POWER LOCK  ORANGE / BLACK (TYPE B)  @ DRIVER DOOR MODULE IN DOOR
 POWER UNLOCK  ORANGE / BLUE (TYPE B) Requires Double Pulse  @ DRIVER DOOR MODULE IN DOOR
 DOOR TRIGGER  See NOTE *3  @ SECU, See NOTE *2
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION  LIGHT GREEN (-)  @ SECU, PIN 1, See NOTE *2
 TRUNK RELEASE  BLUE (-)  @ SECU, PIN 16, See NOTE *2
 SLIDING POWER DOOR  N/A  
 HORN  GREEN/ RED (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
 TACH  WHITE/ GREEN (-)  @ INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WHITE PLUG PIN 16 See NOTE *4
 WAIT TO START LIGHT  N/A  
 BRAKE  RED / GREEN (+)  @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM   DISARMS WITH UNLOCK, Single Pulse Disarms  
 ANTI-THEFT  TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY  TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
 EXTRA INFORMATION
 NOTE *1 When Installing a REMOTE STARTER, you MUST use BOTH Starter #1 and Starter #2 wires. Both wires must be connected to the STARTER/CRANKING Output wire from the Remote Starter or the vehcile will NOT Remote Start when the Engine is cold. NOTE *2 SECU ( SMART ENTRANCE CONTROL UNIT ) IS LOCATED TO THE PASSENGERS SIDE OF THE STEERING COLUMN NOTE *3 LIGHT GREEN (-) FOR THE DRIVER DOOR PIN 1, RED / BLUE (-) FOR PASSENGER DOOR PIN 2 , AND RED / WHITE (-) FOR THE REAR DOORS IN PIN 3 .WHEN CONNECTING TO AN ALARM SYSTEM USE ALL 3 DOOR TRIGGER WIRES AND DIODE ISOLATE, TO CONNECT, SEE DIAGRAM NOTE *4 DO NOT START Vehicle with INSTRUMENT CLUSTER UNPLUGGED!!
Nissan Master Tech.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

The XK05 bypass module would need the PKN2 firmware loaded on it to work with your car.  If you don't have the required XKLoader cable to verify and / or flash the firmware and alternate option is the PKALL bypass module.  It comes with the correct firmware pre-loaded and is an equally reliable module.  There are no modules that can do the doors / alarms thru Data.  You will need to make those connections in the drivers door.

For this install your will need :  Digital Multi Meter to verify all wires, a soldering gun with solder and quality electric tape to make the connections, basic automotive hand tools including trim tools to remove panels and gain access to the cars wiring, tie wraps, etc.  The Viper 5701 install guide can be found in the "Downloads" section.  The 5701 is a sophisticated system and for a successful install you will need to become very familiar with the install guide and the programming options.  Research and preparation is the key.

Soldering is fun!
Nuffstylez 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks mpe235 for the wiring diagram.  Its funny cause one of the wiring diagrams says that the 12v constant is green and another is blue.  I really gotta test these wires before I hook them up.  Also thanks kreg357 for the info.  I see your located in NY also.  Do you do installs?  Can you explain to me what's the difference between the XK05 and the idatalink module and the fortin module.  Which one is the best and the easiest to install?  I am asking because on the idatalink website, it says i can get the door locks and the tach and other stuff from the canbus,  I am just curious how this works.  Thanks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I just did a remote start with keyless in an '03 the other day, so I have this car fresh in my mind. I'll try to say what I know about the car, along with some general pointers for you.
---Like kreg said, you've chosen a full-featured alarm/starter and a not-so-easy car for your first install. You'll need lots of planning and thinking to be successful and avoid frustration and headaches.
---I'll try not to derail this thread with discussions about solder versus crimping, multimeter versus test light, and so forth.
However, let it be said that in order to install you need the following: Tools and knowledge to take your car's panels apart, tools and knowledge to test the function of the wires in your car, and tools and knowledge to make a secure electrical connection.
You also need to do neat and careful work. Part of this is where the planning and learning stuff ahead of time comes in........if it gets late and dark and you get frustrated, it's awfully tempting just to make it somehow work and then stuff all the spaghetti into the dash and call it a day. Proper planning will help you avoid this.
---You should do the work in the following order:
A: Disassemble car's panels
B: Find and test all the wires in the car you need
C: Keeping in mind where you found said wires, bench-prep the unit you're installing so the wires are bundled in groups of where you want them to go
D: Connect to the wires in the car
E: Program the alarm, program the bypass, TEST all functions you've hooked up
F: Correct any mistakes or non-functioning features
G: Reassemble car
H: Re-test entire system again, to make sure you didn't knock anything loose during reasssembly
---You asked about the bypass modules. What kreg said is correct. The XK05 works but if you buy it from someone who doesn't flash it with Nissan firmware, and you don't have the special cable, you're screwed. The PKALL or KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL come pre-loaded with firmware, and the installation instructions are included too.
---You commented about some of the wiring diagrams having conflicting wire colors. You'll unfortunately find that a lot in our industry. Print out every tech sheet you can get your hands on, bring them all into the car with you. Use them as a guide, but don't trust them---TEST every wire you plan to hook up to.
Sorry to speak bluntly, but don't be like some others on this forum who are too cheap to buy a $15 multimeter or even a $5 test light, and just hook wires up color-for-color and then complain when they break stuff.
------------------------------------------------
About your particular car......
At the steering column: After taking down the driver's dash and the steering column cover, you'll see two bundles of wires in heavy plastic tubing going up the steering column. Cut the zip ties on the upper bundle, then cut off the tape and pull the black tube off. The ignition wires are in there.
TIP 1: When you go to connect to those wires, there's a lot of metal around there, and it's easy to short out the wires and blow the special fuse underhood that even the Nissan dealer sometimes doesn't have in stock. (Yes, I've done it before!) You might want to lay a little duct tape on the metal for safety.
TIP 2: Up near the turn-signal lever, you can see the backside of the ignition switch with a little cover on it. It's too tight to connect to the wires at this point, but you can pry the little cover off, probe to test which wire is which, take notes (or verify/correct your wiring sheet).....then find the same colors down by that tubing you took off.
TIP 3: There are two accessory wires listed. The one that comes on only in the ACC position only operates the radio; I usually leave it unpowered so the radio stays off during remote start.
TIP 4: While you're in there, you can clearly see the wires coming from the immobilizer around the keyhole. Cut open that "tube" too, so you can connect the wires for your bypass.
At the SECU: Just to the right of the steering column is the Smart Entrance Control Unit (that's Nissan's term), although many installers will refer to it as the BCM (because other carmakers call it the Body Control Module).
Anyway, the SECU has three plugs. Everything you want is in the rear-most (that is, towards the car's trunk) plug. The four door triggers, the trunk trigger, and the trunk release are all there.
TIP: Google "nissan doorlocks at BCM" to find out how to add wires to two empty pins at the SECU to control your doorlocks. Much better than running wires into the door!
Tachometer: Just to the right of the gas pedal, you'll see a small black cover held in place by two pushpins. You can leave the cover in place.
Put your hand along the top of the cover; you can feel a thick wire bundle in there. Move your hand toward the rear of the car, and you can feel that it separates into three smaller bundles. You can feel that one bundle is about 1/4" thick, and runs upward behind the climate control panel, toward the radio.
Pull that bundle out into view (there's plenty of slack). Open the tape, and tach is the thinner WHITE/ green in there.
Parking lights and brake: Behind the driver's kick panel is a single large harness running to the rear of the car. The parking light and brake wires are both in there. Try to make your connections up high----that way if the car's floor should get wet in the winter, your connections will still stay dry.
Nuffstylez 
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Okay guys, thanks so much for your help.  You guys are too helpful.  I actually made a donation to the12volt.com because of the help you guys gave me.  I didnt get to install it yet because of the rain and cold weather here but I did remove the panels and steering wheel plastic cover and everything is where you said it would be Chris.  Thanks so much.  I tested the wires with my DMM and all is right except for the 12V+ constant which is blue instead of black as shown above.   I did bench-prep the H3 harness.  Can you guys double check my wiring before I go for the install.  Here's what I did so far

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT                                                                              BLACK / YELLOW

H3/2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87                               Blue
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT                                                                                      Red
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)           BLACK/ Red (car side)
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)               BLACK/ Red (key side)
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT                                                                      Blue
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                                                  BLACK/ White (set for STARTER2)
H3/8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required)                                      Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT                                       Blue
H3/10 N/C                                                                                                                                       Not Used

Is it okay for me to hook up the H3/2, H3/6 and the H3/9 wire together first then connect it to the Blue wire?

And for the ACC2 wire  I believe I have to wire up a relay as followed:

Relay Pin 85 to Viper Remote start auxiliary output, 5-pin connector Pin 2 Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output

Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12v constant thru fuse (Blue wire from ignition which I will tap in with the others from the H3 harness)
Relay Pin 30 to Maxima Accessory2 WHITE/ Blue at ignition switch
Relay Pin 87a not used - N/C

Do I need to use any other wires from the 5 pin remote auxillary output harness or can I tape it up?

And for the Remote start input (5 Pin Connector):

1 (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input  (BLACK/ White) - Ground

2 Tach Input Wire (Violet/White) -  WHITE/ Green(-)

3(+)Brake Shutdown (Brown) - RED / Green(+)

4 (-) Hood Pin Switch, Zone 6 - I have a factory hood Pin Switch.  Can I use one of those wires?

5 Rear Defogger - ??

I bought the idatalink module for the bypass and it's programmed and ready to go.  I got all the connections made except for the Blue/White (ground out when running) wire.  What wire do I hook this up to on the viper brain?  This is what I got done so far.  I know I am slow, but I am trying to make it nice and neat.  Thanks.

dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
-status output. Its a blue wire on a 4 or 5 pin connector. The wire leads are very short maybe 5-6" long.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
You aren't doing this thru data? If so you wouldn't be using the power harness at all which contains the blue/white.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Nuffstylez 
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
You aren't doing this thru data? If so you wouldn't be using the power harness at all which contains the blue/white.

You're right Mike. I totally forgot about that D2D wire.  That makes things easier and much neater

Nuffstylez 
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

Tomorrow is suppose to be nice out, so I am going to install this sucker in the ride.  Can you look at my wiring for the H1 Harness and tell me if it's okay.

H1/1 RED / White (-) trunk release output - Hooked up to Relay to (-) Blue at SECU (Do I Really Need A RELAY?)

H1/2 Red (+) 12v constant - Ignition wire

H1/3 Brown (+) Siren Output - Red from Siren

H1/4 WHITE/ Brown Light Flash - Not USED - N/C

H1/5 Black Ground - Connected to Ground

H1/6 Violet (+) Door Trigger Input - Not USED - N/C

H1/7 Blue (-) Trunk Trigger - purple / YELLOW at SECU

H1/8 Green (-) Door Trigger Input - Diode isolated to the driver, passenger and rear doors.

H1/9 BLACK/ White (-) Dome Light - Relay to Light Green at SECU

H1/10 WHITE/ Blue (-) Remote Start/Turbo - Not USED - N/C

H1/11 White Parking Light Output -  ????  Kinda Confused on This One

H1/12 Orange (-) Ground When Armed ???? Kinda Confused on This One

H2/1 - H2/5 - Not Used

H2/6 Light Blue (-) 2nd Unlock Output - ???? Kinda Confused on This One ( I Know I Need This But How Do I Hook This Up?)

H2/7 - Not Used

H2/8 - BROWN / Black (-) Horn Honk Output - GREEN/ Red (Steering Column)

Door Lock Harness

1 Blue - ORANGE / Black

2 Empty

3 Green - ORANGE / Blue

Remote Start Input

1 BLACK/ White (-) Neutral Safety Switch - Ground (cause it's automatic)

2 Violet/White Tach - WHITE/ Green From Cluster

3 Brown (+) Brake Shutdown - RED / Green (Above Pedal)

4 Gray - Hood - Yellow/Red @ SECU

5 Blue/White (-) 2nd Status/Defogger - ???? Kinda Confused On This One

Thanks So Much, Hopefully I Can Get This Done Tomorrow.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic