icon

how to convert from hourly wage to commis

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so I am noticing my sales staff is getting more and more lazy as time goes on. Clearly they are not happy with their hourly wage. So I need help converting my shop into commisioned based sales/installs instead of hourly based. I want to know what pay you think is reasonable to factor into my final decision.

We do

Autostart/Astrostart/Compustar/Viper/avital/python and ultrastarts by special order

We also do Parrot Bluetooth car kits

Heated seats

ect... What are you paying your installers and what do you think is "fair" pay for the above sale/install?

northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
ATTENTION MODS: I assumed I should put this in the car security forum because it is mainly asking about car security questions. However if you feel that the employment section is better,  you can move it...
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  

Our company does it several ways depending on the area they work. Clearly the hourly or salary workers go much slower. I think the best pay is mine, which is a cross of a daily salary and commission. This way, even if it's a very slow day you make something yet motivates enough to get performance when it's busy.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
years ago i put my guys on a percentage of their billable time... some guys income dropped by 50%, some guys income doubled.... you figure it out.....   the lazy make nothing... the go-getters make a bundle....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic