icon

chevy silverado remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hillbillywv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
yes i believe that is the firmware i have. and yep i made sure it was type 4 .
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
My next step would be to re-flash the IM01 and do the programming over again.  And, while it is a bunch of wires, I would switch over the W2W mode.
Soldering is fun!
hillbillywv 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
i did wire to wire allready and still did the same thing. i took the module bak yesterday and traded it out new one did the same. and i looked on my programer (hyper tech hyper pack) its showing a DTC code 1631
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

Well, we are on the right track.  It is a Passlock2 error. 

P1631 Theft Deterrent System Password Incorrect 

Does everything else work?  The doors, parking lights, etc.  I would go back to W2W mode and verify the GWR signal is there during a remote start.  ( Maybe even just connect the Brown wire to chassis ground at the same time as I hit the start button.)

Hard to believe you have 2 bad IM01 modules.  What happens when you try to re-program the module?  Does it flash 4 times at Step 2?

Soldering is fun!
hillbillywv 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i know i have spent a week trying to get this figured out its got me puzzled lol. but yeah every thing else works and i did exactly what u said went w2w and then hit the chassis ground (omega tech support told em to try that) and yeah the light flashes 4 times.
kreg357 
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

When you get to Step 4, did you try holding the key in the Start position for several seconds?  Guess thats why I prefer iDatalink modules. 

Here is another thought.  Have you tried the old "Relays and resistor" method of bypassing the Passlock2? 

Here is a link to the  AudioVox instructions :  http://documents.audiovox.com/700054.pdf   I am sure Omega has it also.  You have the DMM, all you need is a couple of relays and the resistor.  ( The 3rd Ignition is just (-) Status Output.  If you share GWR between the IM01 and the Relays, diode isloate.)

Soldering is fun!
hillbillywv 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
i might have to resort to that.
hillbillywv 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I changed the Bypass and that fixed it guess them omega 01 are just junk
Page of 2