icon

sub integration on '07 yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cwharding 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

I've got a Hifonics Brutus and DD 1508 that I have all set up for my '07 Yukon.  The truck has the factory Bose stereo and I'd like to add a little lows.  What do I need to get the signal to the amp?  What about the amplifier turn on wire?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  

Does it have a factory subwoofer installed in the cargo area?  If so, the wires you need to tap into are located in the center console.  I do not know how to get to them,, but there is a green pair and a blue pair of twisted wires at the factory amp. 

Maybe some of our hands on guys can help you with accessing those wires.

cwharding 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

No on the factory subwoofer.  I may try to tap into the cargo area highs and use a high to low converter.  I just don't know how to tie in the remote turn on for the amp.  I guess I could just use a switch for when I need more lows.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

The factory amp turns on with data, so there is no remote wire in the truck. Your best bet would be to use the accessory wire at the ignition switch to turn on your new amp....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cwharding 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

The factory amp turns on with data, so there is no remote wire in the truck. Your best bet would be to use the accessory wire at the ignition switch to turn on your new amp....

Thanks.  I bought a hi to low converter.  It's supposed to have the capability to turn on the amp.  We'll see.

cwharding 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  

Figured my sub integration out last month. The factory sub in in the center console, as is the factory Bose amp. If you pull out the cup holders the harness is very accessable. I tied into the factory sub wires with the PAC converter. The PAC high to low converter is wire to 12VDC continuous and has a amp turn on feature that works great. The sub sounds amazing. I wasn't sure how it would sound using a high to low converter. I'm very pleased on how well it all turned out. Here's a few pictures.

sub integration on '07 yukon -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic