icon

07 kia spectra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

I am putting a Mars 11+ I think it is, the basic add-on remote start with factory fobs....

Got everything in and going fine until I got to the parking lights.  Decided to grab the (-) in the harness since I was there anyways.  I found 2 green wires, traced the right one and tapped to it.  NOW...I have no front parking lights or fog lights.  Headlights, turn and hazards all work fine and all rear lights work...but I have lost front parking and fog. 

I checked all the fuses I could find, even the ones leading to the fog lights and relays...all seems fine.  Also, when using the RS, it doesn't activate the parking lights.  I did change and double check the polarity of the wire from the RS unit as being a (-) activation...but it doens't activate the parking lights.  I was going to try the positive side of it in the kick panel...but decided I want to try and get the front lights back to working and go from there. 

#2, when using the RS, it will not allow me to unlock the doors with the factory remote? 

Never had this trouble before...but then again, I've never messed with a Kia.

Any help out there is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all.

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
did you test the wire before tapping into it ???
it should be green at the light switch or i usually go to the IP fuse box gray connector pin 10   
the only thing i can see thats common between the fog lights and the front markers is the ER junction box   maybe you fried somthing inside that
did you check all fuses both inside the car and under the hood ??
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
did you test the wire before tapping into it ???
it should be green at the light switch or i usually go to the IP fuse box gray connector pin 10   
the only thing i can see thats common between the fog lights and the front markers is the ER junction box   maybe you fried somthing inside that
did you check all fuses both inside the car and under the hood ??
I did check it and it showed to be the correct wire.... And since the light switch is up in the column, I traced the wires in thru the column wires and found 2 greens and a GREEN/ YELLOW trace. I tested the 2 greens and found one that was the parking lights and tapped into it.
Where is the ER junction box and how could I test it?
And yes I did go thru all the fuses in and out and can't seem to do any good.....
Thanks in advance!!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
the ER box is the under hood fuse box both left and right front marker lights go through the box. But the rears do not
for the heck of it did you check the bulbs   kia bulbs are sensitive
the wires go from the tail light relay out to the ER box then to the lights   although from what i can see from the diagram the output of the IP box shares the front and rear parking lights
the output of the ER box is pin 18 for left and pin 9 for right in the lrg black connector in the bottom of the ER box
it maybe eaiser to start at the light and check for power there and work your way back
as far as fog lights does the fog indicator work ?     maybe you burnt a trace on the light switch itself
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Correct....rear lights are all working 100% all tested out.
I have not checked the front bulbs....going to do this tomorrow as well as trace from the lights back. The only front lights that work is headlights and turn signals...if that helps.
The fog indicator on the dash does come on when switched on and same with off.
Like I said....I'm going to play tomorrow and see what else I can find. Do you by chance know what the wire colors are coming out of the er box? if not I can trace em thru the pins as you stated above.
Appreciate the help....I'll update tomorrow as well.
chev104275 wrote:
the ER box is the under hood fuse box both left and right front marker lights go through the box. But the rears do not
for the heck of it did you check the bulbs   kia bulbs are sensitive
the wires go from the tail light relay out to the ER box then to the lights   although from what i can see from the diagram the output of the IP box shares the front and rear parking lights
the output of the ER box is pin 18 for left and pin 9 for right in the lrg black connector in the bottom of the ER box
it maybe eaiser to start at the light and check for power there and work your way back
as far as fog lights does the fog indicator work ?     maybe you burnt a trace on the light switch itself

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic