icon

remote start wiring with evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hey just have a few things I would like to see if anyone can clear up. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel that I would like to install this remote start/alarm in. It will be my first time using a product like the Evo-all
AutoPage C3-RS-665 2W
Fortin Evo-All
Since the autopage doesnt support the databus, I will be wiring it manually.
The evo-all will take care of the footbrake, tach, lock/arm, unlock/disarm, and door status for me which I can just wire from the Evo into the alarm.
- With wiring this will I have to turn off the trucks factory alarm? On my wiring diagram for the truck I dont see a wire that will disable the factory alarm.
- The truck also has an immobilizer, with this be disabled? Or should i use a relay to install one when installing the remote start? For security and to make sure no one does damage by turnig the key over while it is remote-started.
- Finally is there a way to use the truck horn instead of the horn that came with the alarm?
I then assume everything else will be wired to the truck just like a regular remote start install. If there is anything I am missing please let me know.
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  

The EVO-ALL will disarm the factory alarm, but it unlocks the doors at the same time.  Check to see if a remote start actually sets off the alarm.  If it does, hopefully the AutoPage has a "unlock before and re-lock after" remote start programming option.  That will leave the doors unlocked until the truck is started, perhaps during the "diesel wait to start" period.

According to Bulldog Security there is a way to disarm the truck without unlocking the doors.  Here is their note:

NOTE *6 For the 2004 model year vehicle, to ARM/LOCK will reuire a (-)Negative thru a 2000 Ohm Resistor and to DISARM/UNLOCK requires a (-)Negative thru a 480 Ohm Resistor. A Single Pulse thru the 480 will DISARM without Unlocking. Double Pulse to UNLOCK. Some units will also require 2 extra Relays Part #775 to complete this circuit, to connect, See DIAGRAM

You could wire up a relay with the 480 ohm resistor, controlled by the AutoPages' disarm output, and connect it to the trucks lock wire.

Question 2 is confusing.  The EVO-ALL will bypas the trucks transponder immobilizer system.  No extra parts required.  The "starter kill / anti-grind" circuit is a seperate issue and if desired would be controlled by the AutoPage unit ( most better R/S units have this capability built in ).

Question 3   I am not familiar with the AutoPage C3-RS-665 2W unit and can't find an install guide to be able to answer this question.

BTW - The EVO-ALL is an expensive module and a bit of overkill for this application.  I would use the iDatalink ADS-ALSL CH bypass module.  It costs less, does everything the EVO-ALL does and has a "Disarm only" input to handle the Factory alarm without unlocking the doors.

Soldering is fun!
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well hopefully the remote start wont set off the alarm anyways.
But if so I will need to wire a relay and a 480 ohm resistor. Do you know how I could wire up the relay?
Ok yeah I know the alarm can be wired for a starter kill/ anti grind so I will do that.
I think I found the answer to my horn question, the dome light wire can be programmed to be a horn output that is a negative output. I forget exactly what it said since i dont have the manual with me but I am sure it will work.
I already have the Evo-All not too worried about the price, plus there website shows the ADS-ALSL CH only supports the 3500 diesel for the 2010 model. But it might of worked anyways non the less its too late. The only place I could see to but the ADS-ALSL was on there website which was about $80 and I paid $60 for the Evo-All.
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so looking at the AutoPage install it says this for horn output.
WHITE WIRE - (-) 200ma PROGRAMMING OUTPUT
(See alarm Feature A - 6 Programming)
DOME LIGHT CONTROL OUTPUT (Factory Default Setting)--
This wire becomes grounded when the dome light control circuit is active. The current capacity of this wire is 200mA. This wire can control the operation of the interior lights. An optional 10 Amps relay can be added to this system for interior lights operation.
a) Upon diarming, the interior lights will remain on for 30 seconds.
b) If the vehicle is violated, the interior light will flash for the same duration as the siren.
FACTORY SECURITY REARM SIGNAL OUTPUT--
(See Alarm Feature A - 6 Programming)
This wire is designed to rearm a factory installed security system. This wire will supply a pulse whenever the remote start times out or is shut down using the transmitter and remote door locking.
HORN OUTPUT, (-) 200mA output
(See Alarm Feaure A - 6 Programming)
This provides a negative output to be connected to the vehicles negative horn trigger. This is a transistor output and should be connected before the factory horn relay.
So i would like to use the truck horn (which is (-)) instead of installing the autopage horn. But does that mean I wont be able to have the dome lights come on when unlocking/locking arm/disarming? Is there another way I can trigger the dome lights, off the factory system? Or will it automatically happen? Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Dome lights will probably come on with unlock.  Try it with a unlock from the Factory remote before you start install to verify.
Soldering is fun!
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it does but i wont want to use factory remote after the rs is installed, so will unlocking from the autopage still have the same result?
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic