icon

dodge ram locating correct wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hey so I am installing a starter/alarm into a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500, Diesel. Using a Autopage RS655 2W with Fortin Evo-All.
Got everything all wired up and working, only having a couple problems which I think are related to having the wrong wires.
This is the wiring guide from the truck I got from Wirecolor.com (with Evo-All), which I have just grabbed the things I am having trouble with out.
77. Lock & Arm / Unlock & Disarm
Purple / Blue
White Connector below BCM Module
(-) Negative.
51. Parking Lights
White / Light Green
At Parking Light Harness
Through 270 ohm resistor.
(-) Negative.
Then for the Evo-All install, a wire has to be connected to a analog door lock wire for controlling door lock and unlocking, which for the Ram 3500 03-05 with alarm says
Analog Door Lock
Violet/LtBlue wire
White Connector under drivers side dash.
In the diagram it shows as a AC current.
Basically, I think i must have the wrong wires.
I have the wire from the Evo-All connected to a PURPLE / Light Blue wire under the dash, coming from the BCM and it is the only PURPLE / Light Blue wire I can see around there. However my doors dont lock or unlock when using the alarm (which is connected properly to the Evo-All using a negative lock and unlock). Do I have the wrong wire? Is there somewhere else I can find the wire? Or does anyone have a more precise location.
The second thing not working is the parking lamps. The AutoPage has a built in relay, and it has be wired correctly for a negative switched parking lamps but I cant seem to find the wire. In the Wirecolor.com instructions it says At Parking Light Harness, but I dont know where that is. Can anyone help me find the negative parking light wire.
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Finallll bump, anybody have any advice. Just need to find the proper wires. But cant seem to locate them. Im sure there are lots of vets here who have done this truck many times.
Thanks in advanced
imtfox 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I can help with the parking light harness... it's the one connected to the light switch. Pull that section of the trim off and there should be two Phillips screws to get the switch off.
I've never used the EVO-ALL so I'm not much help there.
Who's House?? Run's house!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar with the EVO-ALL either, but Bulldog has this information about your truck.  

The Lock / Unlock wire is Purple / Dark Green in the Drivers Kick Panel.  Here is a picture : http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=211&link=Bulldog  Here is their way of controlling it :    http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP-_DODGE%20RAM%2004-05%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf

Here is their info on the Parking Light Mux Wire :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/32277_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP-_CHRYSLER%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf  The wire is in the wire harness that connects to the back of the Light Switch.

Soldering is fun!
rjkboyle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks, yeah I wasnt really sure how to get at the wires behind the parking switch.
I have the parking lights wire with the proper resistor and everything just needed the wire. I dont believe i have to hook it up like it shows in the diagram because I already have the on board relay for a negative switched lights.
As for the parking switch, that was very helpful with the picutres as well.
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic