icon

2006 Scion tC, XK05 Immobilizer Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jossny6737 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have used the immobilizer bypass DEI XK05, and wired it up correctly, but when I activate the remote start, the starter cranks, but the car won't start. It just cranks and won't start up.

Tried using firmware PKTI using the wiring as noted below.

XK05 Immobilizer Bypass & Transponder Interface Connection Point
Connector Wire Color Polarity Description Wire Description Color Polarity Connector Notes
Brown (XK05) Brown (-) Ground When Running Output From Remote Starter RS-OUT/5 (5701) Blue (-) 200mA Remote Start Status Output Using D2D Connection
Green (XK05) Green (-) Key Sense Security LED Black (-) T8 Pin 3 or A7 Pin 27 Page 69 - Transponder Key ECU or A/C Control Assembly
Blue (XK05) Blue (+) Ignition Power Source
Violet/White (XK05) Violet/White IMI N/C Not used
Violet (XK05) Violet Output RX Wire CODE Yellow (DATA) T7 Pin 4 Page 69 - Engine Immobilizer System
Pink/White (XK05) Pink/White N/C N/C
Pink (XK05) Pink N/C N/C
Orange (XK05) Orange Output TX Wire TXCT Red (DATA) T7 Pin 5 Page 69 - Engine Immobilizer System
Red (XK05) Red (+) Constant 12V (+) Source Constant 12V (+) Source User Defined (+) #10 User Supplied Wire Using D2D Connection
Black (XK05) Black (-) Chassis Ground Chassis Ground User Defined (-) #10 User Supplied Wire Using D2D Connection

When using the PKTI the car will start and shut right back off. If the key is in the ignition the car will start and stay running as it should. So it seems as if the code is not programmed successfuly.

Tried using firmware PKT2 using the wiring as noted below.

XK05 Immobilizer Bypass & Transponder Interface Connection Point
Connector Wire Color Polarity Description Wire Description Color Polarity Connector Notes
Brown (XK05) Brown (-) Ground When Running Output From Remote Starter RS-OUT/5 (5701) Blue (-) 200mA Remote Start Status Output Using D2D Connection
Green (XK05) Green (-) Key Sense Security LED Black (-) T8 Pin 3 or A7 Pin 27 Page 69 - Transponder Key ECU or A/C Control Assembly
Blue (XK05) Blue (+) Ignition Power Source Ignition 1 B lue (+) I5 Pin 6 Page 49
Violet/White (XK05) Violet/White IMI IMI Vehicle Side (Series Connection) IMI Vehicle Side (Series Connection) Orange (DATA) E5 Pin 27
Violet (XK05) Violet IMI ECM Side (Series Connection) IMI ECM Side (Series Connection) Orange (DATA) E5 Pin 27 Page 68 - Engine Immobilizer System
Pink/White (XK05) Pink/White N/C N/C
Pink (XK05) Pink N/C N/C
Orange (XK05) Orange IMO Wire (Parallel Connection) IMO Grey (DATA) E5 Pin 26 Page 68 - Engine Immobilizer System
Red (XK05) Red (+) Constant 12V (+) Source Constant 12V (+) Source User Defined (+) #10 User Supplied Wire Using D2D Connection
Black (XK05) Black (-) Chassis Ground Chassis Ground User Defined (-) #10 User Supplied Wire Using D2D Connection

When using this firmware scheme the car just tries to crank, crank and crank. If I leave the key in the ignition the car will start and then die. Strange because I can still start the car fine with the key.

Wondering if I have a bad XK05 module. Can some please help me resolve this issue? Help would be greatly appreciated.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  

I would go W2W mode.  I have used the XK05 with .5PKTI firmware successfully in W2W mode many times.

Re-Flash the module with .5PKTI firmware to reset it.  Run the GWR wire and the +12v & ground seperately.  All your wire colors and pin locations are correct.

Re-program to the car and try a remote start.

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
With the bypass unplugged and the key in the ignition the RS should start the car. If it doesn't there is a problem with the RS install, not the bypass.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jossny6737 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  

The car will start with the bypass unplugged using the PKTI firmware.

The car will attempt to start with the module unplugged using the PKT2 firmware but will not start because the wiring scheme for this firmware will leave an open on the IMI if unplugged.

Okay guys.  My car is currently wire to use the PKT2 firmware.  Either should work, but I am tired of switching back and forth on the wiring.

I would like to use the PKT2 in junction with D2D.  This should work but its not.

Has anyone installed a XK05 with PKT2 using D2D successfully?

Has anyone ever received a bad bypass module of this particular make and model.

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
If I am reading your chart correctly from the first post, the green keysense wire from the X05(PKTI) is not supposed to goto the security LED. It goes to the keysense wire next to the key cylinder - (Black). This is not only required to disarm the factory alarm, but the X05 needs this wire connected in order to program correctly. If your car does not have a factory alarm, you can either leave it connected after it programs or disconnect it after programming. But once again, during programming it needs to be connected correctly.
Frank
jossny6737 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

Frank,

That was a copy paste error.  I did have the Key Sense wire connected to the two pin connector on the black wire of the ignition switch for the PKTI.  For the PKT2 this is not required.  This is the illustrations for the PKT2.

2006 Scion tC, XK05 Immobilizer Bypass -- posted image.

jossny6737 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  

Also, to inform everyone I have removed the factory alarm from the 06 Scion TC.

I have installed the Viper 5701 and 530T window module.

jossny6737 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Okay,

For some reason I think its just not programmed correctly there are some things that are not specific in the PKT2 manual.  Could some post step by step directions that are specific and are not copy paste.  Thanks.

Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

i agree with kreg's earlier comment on the W2W connection. sounds like a bypass issue and u cant trouble shoot d2d.

jossny6737 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2010 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

Okay.  I am going to switch from D2D to W2W.  I think you guys are right.  When Brown status wire recieves the GWR (Ground While Running) Output from the Remote Start Module this should activate the Immobilizer Overide.

It could be possible that my D2D is not sending this output therefore the module never sends the programmed code.  However I will verifiy with a DMM as well.

I hope this fixes the problem.  I have been starting my car then activating RS and removing my key in the mornings.  LOL.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic