icon

dlpkgm on 99 suburban

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fischerj00 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2010 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
I am having problems programing my DLPKGM on my 99 suburban. the auto start works fine but the security light come on when it tries to auto start about 2 seconds after cranking. I have wired it W2W. the red and black on the 4 pin have 12 + and -. the purple is connected to pin 2 of the OBD2 port. the pink is connected to the 12+ ignition while in acc, on, and start. I have the blue with white stripe connected to the - while running on the auto start. this is connected to a prestige auto start unit. When i went to do the programing the light comes on when the button is held in and never shuts off. I have tried several different ways of pushing the button and different times of releasing the button during programing. the light never goes off even if i give the unit power without pushing the button the light stays on. Do i need to reset the unit and start over with the programing or has anyone else had this type of problem. I have tested all the connections to this unit with a multi meter and all test out good. This is just puzzling me.
Jeff Fischer
leebunn79 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
you need to connect the second ignition to stop the security light from coming on, it should be a white wire.
Lee Bunn
fischerj00 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
What do I connect the second ignition to on the DLPKGM module. Will this also fix the shut down after two seconds.
Jeff Fischer
leebunn79 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
The second ignitions (white) connects to your second ignition on the remote start system. If the vehicle is shutting down after a few seconds it usually means the interface isn't programmed correctly or not properly connected. the DLPK interface's always seemed to be a big headache, I would recommend the FLCAN by Flashlogic they are amazing!
Lee Bunn
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
you should definitely be hooking up that white ignition wire because if not it causes the trans to go in limp mode and can damage the transmission.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Also my new favorite bypass for simple trucks like this is to do the 2 relay trick. i use it now on most all passlock 2 vehicles. because it saves the customer money and it's more reliable in my opinion.
http://documents.audiovox.com/700054.pdf
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic