icon

remote start w/ factor key fob?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2010 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
4113 comes with 2, 1 button remotes, the 4003 comes with no remotes.
Advanced
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2010 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
The Avital 4113 would be a good option since you'll have a remote in an instance you need more range. but no one addressed the bypass. you cannot use a 556u with an intellikey. you need an 1101t and must sacrifice a key. you could go with a DLPK or XK09 for the bypass w/out sacrificing a key.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
If you're going to keep the factory remote i almost see no point in getting it because of the range. unless you only plan to use the remote start feature in your driveway....
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

blanx218 wrote:
The Avital 4113 would be a good option since you'll have a remote in an instance you need more range. but no one addressed the bypass. you cannot use a 556u with an intellikey. you need an 1101t and must sacrifice a key. you could go with a DLPK or XK09 for the bypass w/out sacrificing a key.

You certainly can use the 556UW on this truck.. While they call it an Intellikey, it is not a PTS. PTS wasn't out till 2009. The ignition switch turns to start it just without a key. There is a hidden slot where you can insert the valet key in case the intellikey doesn't work. You simply add the 556UW just like any other car....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
big d z 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

blanx218 wrote:

You certainly can use the 556UW on this truck.. While they call it an Intellikey, it is not a PTS. PTS wasn't out till 2009. The ignition switch turns to start it just without a key. There is a hidden slot where you can insert the valet key in case the intellikey doesn't work. You simply add the 556UW just like any other car....

Yep, that's what I've read about it as well. I would use my valey key in the 556u and have it on a timed relay so that it only triggers the keysense just long enough for the car to start. That way someone can't jump into the car and turn the ignition switch and drive off.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think you'll need to do that. Test it this way, take your valet key and place it mack up against the key cylinder without inserting it. Notice the cylinder won't turn unless you have your intellikey in the car with you.

Basically, if the intellekey is nowhere around it's no different than any other car with a normal key. This is so even with the car running using a remote starter. You can install the 556UW using the normal status wire just like any other car...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
big d z 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

Ok, so now I'm stuck trying to install the RS. The car cranks, but doesn't start. If I place another spare key into the ignition (without turning the key), the RS will crank and then start the car.
From what I've read elsewhere, I need to energize the keysense wire (+) to tell it to look for a key in the ignition (in this case the 556u). I'm not energizing the keysense wire so the 556 alone isn't enough.
So, anyone know where the keysense wire is?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic