icon

anyone ever wire up a 4ohm dvc like this

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevenje98 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2010 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone ever wire up a 4 ohm DVC Sub like this : I know it’s a lame attempt at a drawing from what software I have on my computer, I tried to make it something like the 12 volt diagrams.
anyone ever wire up a 4ohm dvc like this - Last Post -- posted image.
( Note readers: warning this is not your standard DVC 4ohms 2ohm wire diagram, this is something I’m experimenting with.
I found this reading Adire Audio. I don’t really need to buy another sub. What I’m looking for is less of that booming sound and more of a smooth sound.
I have a selection of 2 amplifiers; there not all that powerful but will be powering and 8” sub that is 100w- rms 200w-max. Memphis-Audio 15mc84d dvc 4 ohms. I also have new JL Audio 8w1v2 around someplace but that’s only a single 4 ohm voice coil. 150w rms 200w max.
The old Audiobahn A2002T ( 2 channel amp ) I have seems like it fits the bill.
RMS Power (2 ohms)100 watts x 2 channels.
Minimum Impedance Unbridged 2 ohms
Minimum Impedance Bridged 4 ohms- This 200W bridged.
THD at Rated RMS Power 0.02%
Peak Power Output     400 watts x 1 channel
MBQuart RAB 450 . this can be set for a 4 channel or 2 channel mode. Channel 1-2 can dup channel 3-4 mono on 1-2 or 3-4 or both. Has low pass , bandpass. Mono. & Full Range stereo. I found this in my closet it’s still new !
160W x2 bridged @ 4ohms.
80W @ 2ohms
50W @ 4 ohms .
Can it be done without frying anything? If this does not work I guess I put 500Kpot on the DVC and use the MB quart in bridge mono and call it a day.
dodgeram10 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  

Adire audio , lol.. They were the most clueless audio manufacture that ever existed . Thats why they went out of buisness . Ever seen their groundbreaking sub called the parthenon ?

Unless you want to see how fast you can smoke your amp  , I would take whatever you read on their site with a huge grain of salt .

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
In answer to the OP... No, it won't work, and I am betting that you have severely mis-read something somewhere. I can promise you that you have never seen that as a recommended diagram on ANY manufacturer's website.
dodgeram... Go wiz up a flagpole. You want to talk about clueless? Check the mirror.
If you don't know what you are talking about, then keep your god damn mouth SHUT. There are more than one of us here that knew Dan Wiggins PERSONALLY, (myself, and DYohn included) and one person that actually WORKED for him (Steven Kephart). They went out of business because a "trusted investor" STOLE HIS PERSONAL FUNDS! I assure you, it was NOT because he was "clueless". When they DID go out of business, Dan paid his employees, again, OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET, even after his investor ran off with all his money! He was a certifiable genius in the audio world, and you have absolutely NO RIGHT to talk about him like that! He was quite honorable in his business practices, in addition to just plain being a good guy. He didn't HAVE to pay anybody... He could have let the State take care of them... He CHOSE not to leave his people completely high-and-dry...
The "groundbreaking sub" you love to poke fun at was capable of 120dB at 20Hz WITHOUT AN ENCLOSURE! I've witnessed it myself.
The "clueless" technology that that man came up with is still being sold under patent rights, by MANY companies across the globe... It's called XBL^2. Are you aware that Thilo, of TCSounds fame, has purchased the right to use the very same technology? Are you also gonna tell me that TCSounds is clueless, just because they had at one time been "non-liquid"? Yep, they have gone out of business too. They are now back, and back with a vengeance. GM ($50B), Chrysler (c. $30B) and Harley-Davidson ($600M) by your definition would ALSO be "clueless" (except I would agree with you on those companies), except now you and I are paying for their mis-management and greed. Were it not for the bailouts, all three of those companies would ALSO be out of business.
You're gonna make friends here REAL quick, aren't you? Check your facts, jackass.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2010 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

If you are attempting to do that on the amp pictured, do not attempt.  If you have a mono amp that has 4 speaker terminals, it will be fine.  But I would not reccomend you try this.  You may forget you have it wired this way and change amps to a multichannel amp and forget that the wires inside the box are jumped from one speaker to the other, then when you install the multichannel amp there will be problems.

On that amp in the picture there will be a dead short between the bridge wires and the 2 common wires. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic